Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    About 40 min, regular dryer, I use bounce sheets (don't judge), the dryer balls are too loud.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Count me as hating dryer balls, they ruin clothes
    Ours take 50-60 mins to dry
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

A few months ago, I was having problems with my dryer not fully drying on sensor mode. I had a repairman come out, and he mentioned that some people throw items of different thicknesses in the dryer and expect everything to come out fully dry (i.e. jeans with t-shirts). He said sometimes the dryer will stop when it senses the lightest items are dry, leaving the heavier ones still damp. He suggested I make sure to dry like items together to see if it makes a difference.

It turns out my problem was caused by vents hasn’t been fully cleaned by the previous company I hired, so that solved my issues. I would definitely hire someone to do that, and make sure they fully clean both ends of the pipe (previous company only cleaned one end, grrrr).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    It turns out my problem was caused by vents hasn’t been fully cleaned by the previous company I hired, so that solved my issues. I would definitely hire someone to do that, and make sure they fully clean both ends of the pipe (previous company only cleaned one end, grrrr).
    This can be a huge one. Our new dryer kept giving us an error message and not completing the drying cycle. Turned out, DH didn't ACTUALLY clean the vent pipe when he installed the new dryer. Once he cleaned it, no more error message, and the cycle finishes every time.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I definitely find this to be true. I pull out the dry items when the dryer first stops, and then start it again.

We have an Electrolux, and there are just certain items that I can't use the sensor dry for (like a heavy blanket). I either use the time dry out just hang it to finish drying.
    A few months ago, I was having problems with my dryer not fully drying on sensor mode. I had a repairman come out, and he mentioned that some people throw items of different thicknesses in the dryer and expect everything to come out fully dry (i.e. jeans with t-shirts). He said sometimes the dryer will stop when it senses the lightest items are dry, leaving the heavier ones still damp. He suggested I make sure to dry like items together to see if it makes a difference.

DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes!!!! This is a great point. I sort laundry so that I wash similar items together because it helps to decrease wear on your clothes, in addition to them drying at about the same time so that you aren't overdrying some items (overdrying decreases the wear life of your clothes). E.g. I wash kids' knits (tees, jersey shorts, knit leggings) together. Jeans always go into a separate load. I do my pants separately because they tend to be Athleta street tight-type of pants. DH on the other hand tosses his jeans in with his tees and I'm sure his tees get wrecked a lot sooner because of that (and it's also the reason he's not allowed to do my laundry).

The other thing I try to do is to use shorter cycles if there are synthetics in the load, like dri-fit tees. I set those loads to "less dry" and then take out the synthetics at the end of the cycle and then start it again to finish the cottons. The synthetics generate all sorts of static if they are overdried, which then makes multiple things stick together in the dryer and probably increases drying time.

I do use wool balls too and in my experience they're especially helpful for towels (helps get them fluffy) but not so much for just regular clothes.

erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

On a side note, for those that use HE liquid Tide detergent, which scent do you like the most? Original, Clean Breeze, other?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm partial to no scent left on the clothes and I really like Tide Free and Gentle Ultra Stain Release. The Wirecutter (NY Times review site) picked it as their best detergent and it really is great, better than other versions of Tide Free and Gentle (which are also above average!). It's only sold at Target.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Turn off energy savings mode. We moved a few months ago and have LG in the new house (Electrolux in old house) and had this same problem until I turned off the energy savings mode. Now it takes about an hour.
    This did the trick! My load actually dried in 41 minutes sensor with energy saver mode turned off. It doesn't seem like I can turn this energy saver mode off by default though. I wish I could program it to have this off, but so far it seems like I need to manually turn the energy saver mode off each time I dry. Thank you!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    This did the trick! My load actually dried in 41 minutes sensor with energy saver mode turned off. It doesn't seem like I can turn this energy saver mode off by default though. I wish I could program it to have this off, but so far it seems like I need to manually turn the energy saver mode off each time I dry. Thank you!
    Glad it worked! Yep, we have to do it manually as well (just pushing an extra button.).
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2