Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Best robotic vacuum?

We have a 5 year old room a for my room but would love something for the rest of the house. As brainless as possible. What would you recommend?
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

We have a Eufy and really like it! We turn it on and that's it - it does it's thing and returns to it's dock when the battery gets low.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here’s some reviews:
    https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-robot-vacuum/

I have the Roomba 675 from this year’s Prime Day. First one I’ve owned so I don’t have anything to compare to. Con is it is loud- we don’t want it to run at night or if we are home. Pro is I can control it when we are all out so if I forget to turn it on when we leave I can turn it on from my phone whenever I remember.

We have a eufy and it’s great. No complaints.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have a Roomba 671 bought during last year's Prime Sale. Zero complaints.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For those of you with these vacuums - do any of you have excessive pet hair? Do you have to keep your floors picked up of toys? I like the idea of it, but I live in a very old house, with lots of small rooms and a newfoundland. Are they better for open concept? Do they transition well from wood to wool area rugs? Do they do corners well, edges of furniture?

Did I mention my house has small rooms, so lots of furniture in small spaces.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you!! Does anyone have a home mapping or a self emptying one?
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    For those of you with these vacuums - do any of you have excessive pet hair? Do you have to keep your floors picked up of toys? I like the idea of it, but I live in a very old house, with lots of small rooms and a newfoundland. Are they better for open concept? Do they transition well from wood to wool area rugs? Do they do corners well, edges of furniture?

We have a labrador retriever (she is actually the reason we got the robot vac, during her spring blowout fur insanity), and our Eufy does a good job with it. We empty it every day before running it again. As long as we do that and keep the roller brush pretty clean, it does great. It's so much nicer than sweeping which tends to make the fur fly into the air!

We do have an open concept main floor, with laminate throughout except for the bathroom (vinyl). There are a couple of large entry rugs on the laminate, and a thicker bathroom rug, and it generally goes between them without issue. It gets stuck in one spot halfway under the edge of the couch, and doesn't always do a great job in edges & corners. It does have a setting to do the edges of the room, which I have not tried, so that might help. Upstairs we have laminate in bedrooms, vinyl in bathroom, and carpet in the hall - it goes between them with no problems up there, under the beds, it generally stops itself before running into furniture and changes direction, but if there's a cord (like a phone charger cord) in the way, it will usually drag it.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post

We have two labs that never seem to blow their coats at the same time so constant dog hair, as well as 2 cats. We have a Neato Botvac because at the time i was researching they had the largest dust bin. I empty it daily and it's usually full of pet hair, but I'd rather do that then have to lug out the vacuum everyday. It does a fantastic job. We actually have two, one for the bedroom area and one for the den and kitchen. The newest one allows us to set "no-go" lines on the app so I can keep it away from spots where it tends to get hung up. I do have to keep the floor relatively picked up. IT will bounce off larger things, but anything with a string, like shoes, or that can be sucked up, like a t-shirt can cause problems. I tend to keep them out of the kids room because they always seem to leave clothes on the floor . They are loud so we have them set to run when we are at work and the kids are at school. in my opinion they aren't so loud they are bothersome, but you can't watch TV with them running in the same room and I certainly wouldn't run them at night or if a kid was napping.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

We have both a Roomba and a Eufy. The Roomba has better "rollers" as hair gets so tangled up in the Eufy's rollers. I have to get a pair of scissors and cut the hair out of the Eufy, so that's my biggest frustration. Yet Eufy is quieter than our Roomba (a 960? the top model without the self-cleaning base but can map your house). I do find the Roomba very effective and picking up a ton of dog hair and dust. We used it every day before we started our home renovation. I packed it away for the renovation as there's too much going on and too much happening. We use the Eufy in our vacation home and only activate when we're there. It gets stuck a lot (more than the Roomba). It will be stuck on the lip of the anti-fatigue mat in the kitchen, it will get stuck on the base of the floor fan, etc. Both vacuums get stuck on charging cables, so I'm constantly telling the kids to make sure the ends of their cables are not on the ground. Eufy was cheaper, so other than having to cut out the long hair that gets tangled on the roller, I think it's a great value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast