Default AG, why are your items backordered until Jan 25?!?

DD (3) just got a Bitty Baby for her birthday. After looking at the AG catalog, she really wants Santa to bring her Bitty's high chair. I went online to buy it last night and it's backordered until January 25!!! Great! Now I'm scrambling to see if I can find a used one. The closest AG store is 2 hours away. Maybe I can find an adequate substitute. But still, I was looking forward to giving her the AG high chair.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gcc2k View Post
    DD (3) just got a Bitty Baby for her birthday. After looking at the AG catalog, she really wants Santa to bring her Bitty's high chair. I went online to buy it last night and it's backordered until January 25!!! Great! Now I'm scrambling to see if I can find a used one. The closest AG store is 2 hours away. Maybe I can find an adequate substitute. But still, I was looking forward to giving her the AG high chair.

Call a store directly. I think they have personal shoppers. See if they can find one in another store. I would Call today though.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Try badger basket or target, they make a nice doll high chair. We mixed those with our AG dolls all the time.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Try badger basket or target, they make a nice doll high chair. We mixed those with our AG dolls all the time.

Yep. We loved the Badger Basket furniture for Bitty Babies, and the OG stuff for AG!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Thanks for all the suggestions! I definitely checked out Badger Basket and Kidcraft items. In fact we are going that route with a cradle.

But fortunately I was able to procure the AG high chair, though it'll cost us a little extra! DH asked a his newlywed buddy (who lives near the AG store 2 hours from us) if he wouldn't mind purchasing it from the store and shipping it to us. So his friend and expectant wife (they're first, a girl) happily bought it for us and we will reimburse the cost and shipping. Apparently his friend's wife was very excited to go and can't wait for her daughter to enjoy AG someday, too.

spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

yay! so glad you got it worked out.