Default Panini Maker Recommendations Please

Need recommendations for a great panini maker. Hoping to get a great one at a great price this holiday season.

TIA for all your help.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have the Cuisinart Griddler. I like the removable dual-sided plates. We use it for hot dogs and grilled cheese (obvi not together.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I am pretty sure we have a cusinart one too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    We have the Cuisinart Griddler. I like the removable dual-sided plates. We use it for hot dogs and grilled cheese (obvi not together.)
    We have this same one. It’s collecting dust in the basement but has been great when we’ve used it.

We have the Griddler too, and like it. We got the optional waffle plates, and it's a great waffle iron. My husband uses it for hamburgers too (I prefer using our cast iron griddle.) We got it as a Christmas present from MIL, and it was a good gift, we wouldn't have thought to get it on our own. It's not one of those things that we've received and then never used.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have this Breville one and really like it. I paid $45 so check around for best prices. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not a panini maker, but we have converted to using a cast iron grill pan and a cast iron press and it makes far better paninis than we have ever made using a machine (we have had a Breville one and another one I can't remember the brand of) and they are both more versatile than a one note appliance and will last forever. You can buy Lodge versions from Sur La Table for not much money too. We also use them for burgers and satay if it isn't grilling weather. Easier to clean than my Breville machine by far! So much so that I just donated mine.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    We have the Griddler too, and like it. We got the optional waffle plates, and it's a great waffle iron. ...
    We also have the waffle plates and I don't particularly care for it as a waffle iron, so I guess this is one of those things where YMMV.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    Not a panini maker, but we have converted to using a cast iron grill pan and a cast iron press and it makes far better paninis than we have ever made using a machine (we have had a Breville one and another one I can't remember the brand of) and they are both more versatile than a one note appliance and will last forever. You can buy Lodge versions from Sur La Table for not much money too. We also use them for burgers and satay if it isn't grilling weather. Easier to clean than my Breville machine by far! So much so that I just donated mine.
    Me too, since I’m avoiding nonstick. I have a le creuset from the outlet. It comes out well!

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another vote for the Cuisinart griddler. It’s one appliance that actually gets used pretty regularly.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt