Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How about this?? Everyone needs a baby head hanging on their wall and you could easily personalize it

4-Vintage-Crochet-Doll-Lot-pot-holder-rubber.jpg
    Last edited by MSWR0319; 12-06-2019 at 02:12 PM.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I this thread so much!
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Really curious - is this gift a standard item in your area but just not something of use for your sister?

Or will no one inform this lady (tactfully) so she can cease spending time/money on a gift no one really likes so she just keeps making them??

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The pics are hilarious in this thread! But some are not that bad to me. I really want to see a pic of the deer with bouquet on the head!

Different strokes for different folks. It reminds me of this pickup truck I saw one day. The truck had a colorful, painted drawing of THE TRUCK ITSELF on its side. And the truck IN the drawing had a pic of the truck on it as well. If I looked closely enough, I'm sure the picture within the picture probably had the truck on that truck too! It was the funniest thing. People really do like different things.
    Last edited by MMMommy; 12-06-2019 at 01:14 PM.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Let's break this down. Here's what we know:

1) handmade
    2) large
    3) decor item serving no useful purpose whatsoever
    4) difficult to ascertain what it is at first glance
    5) not universally appreciated (e.g. NMS, ugly to some)
    6) can be personalized (but the assumption is that it doesn't DEPEND on personalization)...right, OP???

Some additional thoughts:

I like the macrame one too, lol!!

Maybe one of these

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think you need to go with, we arent naming baby until they are born. And then let her give the gift, take a pic and share it with us!

Honestly, different people like different things..... some of the things on this thread I sorta like. Perhaps not enough to spend $$ on, but I do not think they are all hideous.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    The pics are hilarious in this thread! But some are not that bad to me. I really want to see a pic of the deer with bouquet on the head!

Different strokes for different folks. It reminds me of this pickup truck I saw one day. The truck had a colorful, painted drawing of THE TRUCK ITSELF on its side. And the truck IN the drawing had a pic of the truck on it as well. If I looked closely enough, I'm sure the picture within the picture probably had the truck on that truck too! It was the funniest thing. People really do like different things.
    Did anyone else immediately think "the last visible dog"? (For those who have no idea what I’m talking about, see Russell Hoban's The Mouse and his Child?)
    https://www.amazon.com/Mouse-His-Chi...s%2C140&sr=1-2

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post

Here ya go!

It is exactly like this, except painted on a wooden pallet for an extra folksy vibe. It's not exactly ugly really, just sooooo random. It's not like we decorated her room in a woodland theme or bambi or something where it would make sense. Just "here's a wooden picture of a deer with flowers on it's head for your baby's room" type thing. deer - Edited.jpg
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Here ya go!

It is exactly like this, except painted on a wooden pallet for an extra folksy vibe. It's not exactly ugly really, just sooooo random. It's not like we decorated her room in a woodland theme or bambi or something where it would make sense. Just "here's a wooden picture of a deer with flowers on it's head for your baby's room" type thing. deer - Edited.jpg
    I am literally laughing out loud in DD’s gymnastics class waiting area! The other parents think I’m a freak. Thank you for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast