JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default ISO: noiseless Cube/mini fridge and La Z Boy questions

I am in search of a cube/mini-fridge that does not make any noise. This will be for my new private practice therapy office (one room only), so I really cant have buzzing, etc, happening. I mostly need to keep mason jars for of salad in there. I would consider some kind of cooling thing instead if people think that's a good idea and have experience with them...but not sure if that is a good idea.

While I'm at it.. as long as you are reading this. I am needing to buy inexpensive but comfortable furniture; a loveseat and chair for me are the things I mostly want to get right. I will need a desk and desk chair as well, but less worried about those. I am looking at la z boy for my chair, as they are having such good sales, but they get bad reviews. I know about Wayfair, etc, but dont feel comfortable buying something I can't try or see in person first..and can't seem to find anything I want in stores. I should also mention that my office is very small, and I am also relatively short, so need to keep this in mind. Thanks!

ETA: Updated title so it includes my La Z boy questions (see post 4). Thanks!
    Last edited by JustMe; 12-05-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

I've had a La z boy chair for about 15 years and it's still in great condition! It was in my living room for about 9-10 years, and has been the chair we read books in every night in one of my kids rooms for almost 6 years. It's very comfy and I'd absolutely buy another one.

I just read to the end of your post. I picked it for a very small apartment living room initially, and love it because it's a very comfy chair that isn't huge. I'm 5'3" and it fits me well. Though of course some of their chairs are huge, I picked this one because it wasn't!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Lazy Boy stuff is fine. I'd venture a guess that it's as good or better than anything on Wayfair.

Can you just take an insulated lunchbox with your to work?

Thanks so much!

For the people with La z boy experience, what are your thoughts regarding their stain spray and warranty (forget what they call it) and paying for extra cushioning? Regarding the stain spray and warranty, I am learning towards no. It will be in my office, no kids around, etc. Its $89. I also read reviews claiming it is a cheap spray, etc.

Regarding the cushioning, not sure. its a lot, $149, I think. Of course, I know I could ask at the store, but I didnt particularly like the salesperson..and felt they must definitely be under pressure to sell.

Insulated lunchbox, yes, possibly, but I would like to have a fridge. I think at least some kind of cooler, more than an insulated lunchbox (I use mason jars for my salads) and if I don't I would probably end up spending more money buying food from restaurants when I dont need to do that.
    Last edited by JustMe; 12-05-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

It's been a long time, but I think I did the stain spray -- though I likely wouldn't have if it had been a chair for my office. The extra padding wasn't an option, so I'm not familiar with that.

Does your office have to be totally quiet? Could you have low volume background music or nature sounds or white noise so there wouldn't be a distraction of the fridge running? I have a whirlpool mini fridge/freezer in my office and the sound of it running is not a distraction, but I am admittedly not in a super quiet location anyway.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

never buy a furniture warranty without reading the fine print. Bought it for our huge sectional because we had a cat who liked to scratch. Fine print was that the couch had to be professionally cleaned every 30 months. It cost more than $100 to get it cleaned. Never again.

Thanks for the help! Went to La Z Boy again, and just could not deal with the salesperson (same one as the first time). Ended up buying a recliner from a local store.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

All fridges will make noise. I suggest putting it in an area where it won't disturb others if that is your concern.
    K

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm kind of a germaphobe so that probably colors my recommendation - but I think you should get something either leather or slipcovered if this is a private therapy office where you will have lots of people sitting. Fabric gets dirty SO fast and even when it "looks" clean, it's not...

Don't write off IKEA!!! They have some great slipcovered and leather options. DH has a Stocksund sofa in his office, in a fabulous plaid slipcover, and it's very comfy. They also have a loveseat and chair options. A lot of their furniture also suits shorter/smaller people well. And if you can get to a store you can sit and try all of these in person. Check out their desks and desk chairs as well - we have both (our house basically has 3 office spaces - one for DH, one for me, one for the kids...) and we have had great luck with IKEA office furniture.

I think most mini fridges don't make much noise. I stay in hotels a lot and I never remember hearing the buzz of the minifridges in the rooms. You're probably safe just getting any good quality one - I can't imagine the very slight noise would bother you unless you have zero background noise in your office
    Last edited by twowhat?; 12-09-2019 at 09:44 PM.