Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Thank you to the IF posters - I’ve lost 20 lbs!!

I wanted to post to say thank you to the posters that recommended Delay Don’t Deny. It has been great for me! I have struggled to lose the weight I put on by eating extra since I was breastfeeding...12 years ago!! I tried WW but the system didn’t work for me. I found I would eat junk and just make sure I didn’t go over my points but I was starving all.the.time. I started intermittent fasting and running last May but wasn’t consistent with either so I lost and gained the same 4 lbs all summer long. I started sticking to an IF schedule and running consistently in September. I think the combo worked really well for me. Going from my weight in September I hit 20 lbs lost today. The key for me is I don’t mindlessly snack anymore. I’m a SAHM and I would often grab a snack on my way past the kitchen, or grab a snack after the kids were in bed, or grab a snack while I was waiting for the bus, etc. Often the snack was candy or cookies or ice cream. I find that I am much more mindful of what I eat now. I crave veggies and will find that if I take a bite of something (usually desserts) and it’s not amazing I don’t need to take another bite. Thank you also to the runners on the board that helped me get started and help me with my endless running gear posts!! An extra bonus is that I’m very motivated to cook now. I’ve been experimenting with recipes outside of my comfort zone because I want to make sure the food I do eat is very flavorful.
    Last edited by jgenie; 12-06-2019 at 07:00 AM.

umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Congratulations!! This is awesome! I’m a SAHM too and find I also snack for no good reason like that too. I’m hoping to start intermittent fasting after baby is done breastfeeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh, add me to the list of SAHM who mindlessly snack all day! Caring for a toddler who needs a snack every 3 hrs doesn't help either. Congratulations on your progress!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

OMG that's AMAZING! You are inspiring me - i'm in the same boat as you, gained weight after weaning which was 7 years ago now, and haven't been able to kick it. My DH's bad habits are making it hard for me to IF - he works late, snacks late etc. I would really, really love any tips about what kinds of healthy snacks to keep handy and what kind of eating hours you kept, any other tips. Did you start gradually or go cold turkey? Congrats!

for Sandy Hook

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    OMG that's AMAZING! You are inspiring me - i'm in the same boat as you, gained weight after weaning which was 7 years ago now, and haven't been able to kick it. My DH's bad habits are making it hard for me to IF - he works late, snacks late etc. I would really, really love any tips about what kinds of healthy snacks to keep handy and what kind of eating hours you kept, any other tips. Did you start gradually or go cold turkey? Congrats!
    I started with 16:8 - fasting for 16 hrs (8:00 pm - 12:00 pm) and feasting for 6 hrs. I was able to maintain my weight on that schedule despite traveling most of the summer. That was a win in my book because I generally gain weight every summer. Once school started I was able to move to a 20:4 (8:00 pm - 4:00 pm) schedule and that’s when I saw the scale start to move. It was easy enough to do because I found I was always busy and didn’t stop to eat until just before my kids arrived from school so now I open my window with them when they have their after school snack. We generally have fruit or veggies with hummus when they get home and maybe a small sweet treat after. I go with the flow on the weekends and try to stick with 16:8 as much as possible. I will have candy after my OMAD but knowing that I can eat it later keeps me from having it all.day.long.
    Last edited by jgenie; 12-06-2019 at 08:19 AM.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wow! Something many of us dream of!

Tell me about the running gear you decided on! (I think that’s the trick too!)

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Congrats that is so awesome!

That thread also helped me lose the 8 lbs i put on moving abroad and traveling. It doesn’t sound like a lot but I’m super short .

I also try to do 18:6 during the week and 16:8 on the weekends. I actually need to eat 2 meals a day - i tried one a day but i didn’t lose that way.

I do exercise but this school year has been so busy that i don’t always have time.

Mama to 3 awesome kids

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I do 16:8 and find it helps with the mindless snacking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just wanted to say that this post inspired me to start IF in earnest too! I also want to know about the running gear you got.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast