Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Thank you to the IF posters - I’ve lost 20 lbs!!

I wanted to post to say thank you to the posters that recommended Delay Don’t Deny. It has been great for me! I have struggled to lose the weight I put on by eating extra since I was breastfeeding...12 years ago!! I tried WW but the system didn’t work for me. I found I would eat junk and just make sure I didn’t go over my points but I was starving all.the.time. I started intermittent fasting and running last May but wasn’t consistent with either so I lost and gained the same 4 lbs all summer long. I started sticking to an IF schedule and running consistently in September. I think the combo worked really well for me. Going from my weight in September I hit 20 lbs lost today. The key for me is I don’t mindlessly snack anymore. I’m a SAHM and I would often grab a snack on my way past the kitchen, or grab a snack after the kids were in bed, or grab a snack while I was waiting for the bus, etc. Often the snack was candy or cookies or ice cream. I find that I am much more mindful of what I eat now. I crave veggies and will find that if I take a bite of something (usually desserts) and it’s not amazing I don’t need to take another bite. Thank you also to the runners on the board that helped me get started and help me with my endless running gear posts!! An extra bonus is that I’m very motivated to cook now. I’ve been experimenting with recipes outside of my comfort zone because I want to make sure the food I do eat is very flavorful.
    Last edited by jgenie; 12-06-2019 at 07:00 AM.