Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default Question for Honda Pilot owners

I have never owned a Honda, but considering a purchasing a Pilot to replace my current SUV with high miles. I test drove it this week and was shocked by the amount of interior space, third row and extras such as plenty of USB's, cup holders, cubbies, etc.

Any likes/dislikes? Any options you would have chosen or wish you did not choose? (we are considering the EL-X model.)

Does it feel like a mini-van to you? I felt like it sat lower to the ground than my current SUV, but didn't make the mini-van connection until reading a few online reviews.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Question for Honda Pilot owners

We have a 2006 EX-L so it isn’t nearly as up to date as the new ones, but we have been in the latest model a few times and yes the extra space is nice. I remember the ride being a bit smoother than ours but I don’t recall feeling like I was in a mini van, but then I have never owned a mini van so I really have nothing to compare it to.

Our car has 210k miles on it and it has been a great car for us. We have the third row that gets used occasionally so it has been helpful, but if I was carpooling on a regular basis it would’ve been a tight fit even with car seats, but with the new model two adults comfortably fit in the 3 row (I and 5’6” and DH is 5’11.....my dad is 5’10” and has squeezed himself in the 3rd row of our car and not complained, but yes the newer car has slightly more space).

Overall I have been very happy with our Pilot and we may consider another one out of loyalty because we have had such good luck with ours even though TBH the exterior styling is kind of vanilla imho especially in the light colors (I like it in black but my Dh won’t buy a black car).

ETA: FWIW storage wise we got a Thule roof storage bag and Thule crossbars for the few vacation times where we have needed more space than what was required with the third row seats down and we have used up all of the cargo space. If you aren’t t going to be keeping the 3row up all of the time you shouldn’t have an issue with lack of cargo space in the Pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-06-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have a 2019 EX-L Pilot and a 2018 odyssey EX-L RES.

The van feels like a van, but the pilot does not. It doesn’t have the zip DH’s Acura MDX had, but it has way more room for kids. When I send him to pick up the middle schoolers with their backpacks, instrument, lunchboxes, case-its, etc, there’s plenty of room. It’s good for our family of 5 to take for a weekend day trip, but we do love the sliding doors of our van for actual vacations. Cargo room is still supreme in the van.

We sometimes wish the Pilot seats could do all that the van seats do. They slide together, all the way left, all the way right, disappear completely, both rows can go away to haul huge items. I just couldn’t imagine not having the van and only having the Pilot.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love mine. I've been driving Pilots for 16 years now. Doesn't feel like a minivan at all to me, but I have the older body style that is probably higher off the ground. Minivans are very useful, but we've never owned one.
    K

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't have a Honda Pilot, but it does share the same platform as the MDX, Odyssey and the Accord. It isn't a truck platform, I believe.

"The Honda Pilot is a mid-size crossover SUV manufactured by Honda and introduced in 2002. ... The Pilot shares its platform with the Acura MDX, as well as the Odyssey minivan and the Accord sedan."

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The zippyness of the MDX is most likely due to tuning and suspension.....even if it has the same engine and frame as the Pilot and the Odyssey. The Odyssey is probably tuned to be the smoothest ride and probably has more of a sedan feel than an suv.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have one as well, and have been very happy. Our current pilot is a 2011 and we plan to pass it on to our son as his first car and then turn around and buy a newer Pilot for ourselves.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We owned an older one, but it's the best car I've ever driven in snow. And I have had 2 Subies!

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...les-2019-03-22

I just read about a Class Action lawsuit for the 2018-2019 Honda Pilot. Has anyone experienced any of these problems?

I was 90% set on the Pilot...now I am rethinking....

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...les-2019-03-22

I just read about a Class Action lawsuit for the 2018-2019 Honda Pilot. Has anyone experienced any of these problems?

I was 90% set on the Pilot...now I am rethinking....
    I have a 2018 ody and have not had these problems though I do not have built in GPS or RES. It works very well with apple carplay so I just use my phone for navigation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast