Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...les-2019-03-22

I just read about a Class Action lawsuit for the 2018-2019 Honda Pilot. Has anyone experienced any of these problems?

I was 90% set on the Pilot...now I am rethinking....
    Mine freezes occasionally - maybe 4 times in the past 2 years but it's only once in a while and nothing nearing what's in that complaint. That being said, we did purchase the warranty on the unit it because it was cheap and because it runs the whole car. It's a full replacement warranty. Fact is, SW in everything is finicky in general so I expect issues no matter what its installed in. Mine is a 2018.

It's very comfortable for long drives but it's big and doesn't handle for me the way my old CRV did. It's just a big car and while I'm used to it now, it's big to park in lots, it doesn't handle as well in the snow as my CVR did. Nothing wrong with it, just different from how I like a car to handle. We needed bigger than CRV so it is what it is.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...les-2019-03-22

I just read about a Class Action lawsuit for the 2018-2019 Honda Pilot. Has anyone experienced any of these problems?

I was 90% set on the Pilot...now I am rethinking....
    I wouldn’t buy a car for the infotainment system alone. We have maps and music in our Subaru because it was on the car color combo I wanted and the price wasn’t much different than the non infotainment model, but ours has some quirks and I just find work arounds to it. I like having the map on my screen but I would be okay with just using my phone as well and we don’t have a DVD player or extra screens in the backseat as well so a non issue for me. I would look at the models without infotainment and see if there are more mechanical complaints about the car. I would be more concerned about that. But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I wouldn’t buy a car for the infotainment system alone. We have maps and music in our Subaru because it was on the car color combo I wanted and the price wasn’t much different than the non infotainment model, but ours has some quirks and I just find work arounds to it. I like having the map on my screen but I would be okay with just using my phone as well and we don’t have a DVD player or extra screens in the backseat as well so a non issue for me. I would look at the models without infotainment and see if there are more mechanical complaints about the car. I would be more concerned about that. But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the Honda, the infotainment that is crashing is shutting down the entire car’s computer system and causing loss of power, etc. It is much more serious than that. It is happening across the board at various trim levels. The recent pilots have had a lot of issues, and even have a lower reliability rating than previous versions. I crossed it off my list completely. I’m looking at the Subaru ascent and waiting for the new version of the Toyota Highlander.
    Last edited by PZMommy; 12-11-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    On the Honda, the infotainment that is crashing is shutting down the entire car’s computer system and causing loss of power, etc. It is much more serious than that. It is happening across the board at various trim levels. The recent pilots have had a lot of issues, and even have a lower reliability rating than previous versions. I crossed it off my list completely. I’m looking at the Honda ascent and waiting for the new version of the Toyota Highlander.
    Yes it does. It runs the entire car. My dealer offered their own warranty on it because long term, they couldn't be sure there wouldn't be issues. So far so good for us with just the occasional freeze but it almost always happens when new SW upgrades happen on my phone.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have never owned a Honda, but considering a purchasing a Pilot to replace my current SUV with high miles. I test drove it this week and was shocked by the amount of interior space, third row and extras such as plenty of USB's, cup holders, cubbies, etc.

Any likes/dislikes? Any options you would have chosen or wish you did not choose? (we are considering the EL-X model.)

Does it feel like a mini-van to you? I felt like it sat lower to the ground than my current SUV, but didn't make the mini-van connection until reading a few online reviews.
    I LOVE my Pilot. I love it so much, I want to buy a second one (I don't want or need another car!!). I have the 2019 Elite, purchased in May 2019. I was totally worried about the class action and talked to numerous dealers. After reading everything on subject, including the allegations contained in the lawsuit, I felt better.

For us, it came down to the wire on Suburu Ascent v. Pilot. Both had some positive and some negatives. In the end, it came down to price. Honda could beat the price - Subaru has less wiggle room.

What I love about the Pilot:

It's super zippy, comfortable and fun to drive. I had an Enclave before and that wasn't any of those things.

There's a flat-topped large compartment between driver and passenger seat, a perfect place to put my purse. Such a useful place for deep storage. I also LOVE the charging pad.

In the back behind the third row, there are cubbies above the wheels that can hold two gallons of milk each. Also, the back of the Pilot has a storage section with a removable top. The top comes off, bringing the space behind the third deeper by several inches, closer to a mini van (but not quite). While the Enclave was certainly bigger from a luggage perspective, the back of the Pilot can hold more groceries due to those cubbies and removal of the top of the storage department.

The only thing I really dislike about the Pilot is the coffee table between the two captain's chairs in the second row. That piece should be optional. Everything I hated about it rang true: (1) it's always filthy, limiting its utlity; (2) that walkway is a great storage or dog area, so we are losing much needed cargo or canine space (don't worry, princess only rides in the captain's chairs); and (3) it impedes third row access.

I regularly have a filled car of larger sized children and the third row seems comfy.

I also have light gray seats, and I'm not a fan!

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a 2019 Elite Pilot...bought in January of this year. I will be extremely honest. I'm not happy with it, but I know lots of friends that love their pilot. Before the Pilot I had a Nissan Armada which I loved. Here are the pros/cons with it for me. It doesn't have enough pickup for me. It sometimes feels light and feels like it hesitates, but that may because my Armada was a V8 and had tons of power. I'm not a huge fan of the electronics interface. I've had it for almost a year and I still get annoyed with it. On the plus side I do like how spacious it is for the size of the car. I love the gas mileage compared to the Armada and how easy it is to park. I miss automatic third row seats which my Armada had. It seems strange that even in the elite trim they don't offer that.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

I have a 2016, and I love it. I have had the radio freeze up a couple of times, but turning the car off and on seems to resolve it each time. We had an Odyssey before the Pilot, which I also loved. However, now that we don't live in a super windy environment (worry about car doors slamming into neighboring cars) and our kids are taller, I love the Pilot. The minivan was great for super short people getting in the car without help, but that's not longer an issue. I do wish we had the version with the Captain chairs in the second row, but accessing the third row is really no problem. We have taken numerous trips with three kids and 2 dogs, and all of the luggage that goes along with that with not issues. The only external storage we have ever used it a bike rack. We have never had the need for additional external storage. Most of the time I keep it on "eco" mode, but when I know I'm going to have to merge quickly I turn it off. The ONE thing I miss is an electrical outlet. There have been several instances where it would have been convenient to plug something in like we were able to do in the minivan.

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

It's funny you mention the electrical outlet. I noted the Pilot does not have an electrical outlet when we test drove it. My current Jeep does, and I use it frequently. DH thought I was crazy for even noticing it.

I like my 2018 Elite pilot. I wish I had 8 seats instead of the bucket seats. I often have three kids and wish I had the bench in the middle row. It definitely has the most interior space.

I love the rear entertainment system! My kids watch dvds all the time as we drive long distances and I don’t want them on tablets.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

There is an outlet for the middle row in my Pilot. You could plug something in and set it between the two seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast