Default Waterbottle recs? For an 8y/o at ballet class

DD2 is newly 8 and is now allowed to have a waterbottle in ballet class. We have a bunch of original (not double walled) Klean Kanteens that she usually grabs, but the bottoms are dented and they tip over easily as a result. I'm looking for a better option, hoping to stay around $15 or less. I prefer stainless steel over plastic or aluminum, it needs to be able to tip over if someone kicks it (it will be on the ground next to the barre) without spilling. Bonus points for easy to grab a quick drink from - they don't have specified water breaks, just can grab a drink when they have a 10-20 second break - so probably not a screw top lid. DD2 doesn't have any specific brand in mind. Thank you for any recommendations!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We like the Takeya ones. Good prices on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

We stick with Contigo or Thermos brands. They don’t leak and hold up well. The stainless steel thermos one is at Target for $15-$20.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought 24 oz. Contigo ones for a great deal from Kohl’s last year for my girls because I love mine so much. They use those for sport events or when we are out and about in the summer, because they keep the water so cold. For school the both like the Swell knockoffs at Target, I think they are made by Threshold. Apparently this is the type of bottle lots of kids at school have (the style with a screw on lid).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I like the Thermos Intak. I've used the plastic ones for years. My favs. Easy to drink from, sturdy, not too pricey.

They do have SS and if you see similar with Under Armour branding they are the same thing.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Good old Thermos Funtainers with the straw and quick button open.
    Thermos F4013PK6 Pink Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DAPQT3O..._rfY6Db6DGADTV
    K

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Good old Thermos Funtainers with the straw and quick button open.
    Thermos F4013PK6 Pink Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DAPQT3O..._rfY6Db6DGADTV
    That was going to be my suggestion too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The class won't be that long that she needs a super big one, I agree the Funtainer with flip straw is easiest, less likely to spill. It's not like it going to be sitting outside in the heat either, and it'll stay cold for class.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Another vote for Contigo from me.

We love the Contigo Autoseal Chill Stainless Water Bottles. They come in a bunch of colors, don’t leak, are easy to drink quickly from, and are easy to clean. We like the version without a straw. You can find good deals on them at Amazon.