Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Bigger teacher gifts

We need 3 bigger high school teacher gifts for 3 teachers. One is DS’s teacher and the other two are niece’s teachers who really helped her adjust to this year (she’s living with us). This is in the $50ish range. What would you suggest? We don’t really know the teachers well, 2 men and 1 woman, so something that will be relatively universally acceptable. Ideas apprecaited
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

gifts cards to a popular restaurant or lunch takeaway place near the HS.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

I’m also in the cash or gift card camp. Check gifting limits. Here it is $50/year per teacher. They can’t accept anything larger/worth more.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

I agree to get a gift card. And definitely check the limit; here they can't accept anything over $50 from an individual student.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Sorry, need to clarify, this is not from an individual student this is from the clubs they mentor. There’s $100 gift card and $50 for a ‘gift’
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Sounds like it would depend on the interests of each particular teacher. Maybe something related to the club they are mentoring if you need to have a gift in addition to the gc.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How about a tote bag? These are $18 after coupon applied. You could add in a nice box of chocolates, cocoa selection (with marshmallows and candy canes), or some locally made consumables to go with it.

https://www.landsend.com/products/op...99,44234,44549

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would go with a local consumable gift of some sort.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How about: The tote bag with a higher quality reusable water (or coffee/tea) bottle in it that's a bit of a splurge. Chocolate as a filler.

Another option is an add-on is a customized lanyard (if they wear them at work). My DD's teacher received a customized lanyard with her signature phrase, in lieu of her name. All the students like that lanyard, and so does she! Looks like they are very reasonably priced on Etsy.

Thank you all, those are brilliant ideas. I don’t know the teachers enough to do something that they will like but that is a crazy deal on the tote and everyone likes an insulated water bottle or coffee container and perhaps some nice baked goods? If anyone has any other great ideas please let me know otherwise I may go with these! Thank you so much!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast