Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I’ve never actually seen or tasted a fruitcake. I thought they were universally loathed (but clearly have no personal experience!) so I guess I’m glad to hear that some people do like them! I kind of want to try one now!
    You should try one. They are quite wonderful when done well. Not the Costco one though, I have no idea what that one is like
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

[QUOTE=Melaine;4348696]I would vote for a fresh wreath, flower arrangement or maybe even the rosemary Christmas tree at Costco (do they have them this year?). I kind of feel like baked goods are so overdone for teachers.

I would think by the time the gift is given the wreath won't be used as much, and most people already have decor items/they may not be appreciated like you think they would (maybe they don't have a place to put it/it's not their thing). I would avoid baked goods too, you never know what they like/allergies etc. GIFT CARDS are perfect for this. You could have the kids ask the teacher if they have a favorite restaurant if you want to pick a specific place.

I also had no idea anyone even liked fruitcake, I have tried one or two and I like most baked goods and that's a hard no, I mean I can't figure out how anyone likes them, I know of nobody who does.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

One year my daughter's class gave the teacher a Kindle. She loved it. But I guess there's a chance they already have one. I always give Target gift cards. I stocked up yesterday.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

BBB Karma!! On this thread I suggested a reusable water bottle or nice coffee/tea flask...

Today my core class gave me a group gift of a great coffee flask, the kind I wouldn't spend money on to buy for myself, stuffed with gift cards. Great gift!!!

Cracked me up that it was exactly what I'd listed on here ;-)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    BBB Karma!! On this thread I suggested a reusable water bottle or nice coffee/tea flask...

Today my core class gave me a group gift of a great coffee flask, the kind I wouldn't spend money on to buy for myself, stuffed with gift cards. Great gift!!!

Cracked me up that it was exactly what I'd listed on here ;-)
    I got a similar gift, but my kids always see me drinking Coke Zero when I pick them up from lunch, so one parent got me a case of Coke Zero and attached a target gift card to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3