Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just don’t think most want stuff. A group photo in a frame is about all I’d do without knowing them more.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Baked goods- if you are thinking homemade, this really depends on the teacher. Some will not eat anything homemade because they don't know what the home kitchen is like. Others will. We have Trader Joes in our area, and I usually stick with something from there if I need a filler.

SnuggleBuggles, I agree GCs are 99% of the time the best bet, but in this case if they want a gift to go with the gift card, the suggestions on here are pretty safe bets. Plus, high school teachers tend to get much less stuff than elementary school teachers.

ETA: What store/restaurant is the gift card for? I wonder if there'd be a way to tie in the two together.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So I’m just thinking of doing a visa gift card for the $100. That way they can use it for whatever they want. And for baked goods, I can’t bake anything to save my life I was thinking maybe the Costco fruit cake or something seasonal like that
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    So I’m just thinking of doing a visa gift card for the $100. That way they can use it for whatever they want. And for baked goods, I can’t bake anything to save my life I was thinking maybe the Costco fruit cake or something seasonal like that
    I’ve never had Costco’s fruitcake, and it may very well be the most delicious one ever. But I would prob steer away from fruitcake in general. I don’t think of fruitcake as a universally enjoyed baked good. What about muffins, brownies, coffee cake, or pound cake instead?
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I’ve never had Costco’s fruitcake, and it may very well be the most delicious one ever. But I would prob steer away from fruitcake in general. I don’t think of fruitcake as a universally enjoyed baked good. What about muffins, brownies, coffee cake, or pound cake instead?
    Agreed. I think brownies and coffee cake are safe bets. Fruitcake is one of those controversial food items.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ok brownies it will be! I never thought Of fruit cake as a controversial item, we grew up with them every Christmas. Who knew!!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would vote for a fresh wreath, flower arrangement or maybe even the rosemary Christmas tree at Costco (do they have them this year?). I kind of feel like baked goods are so overdone for teachers.

One of the teachers at my school this year got a gorgeous fresh wreath with different gift cards tied around it and it was much admired.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    Ok brownies it will be! I never thought Of fruit cake as a controversial item, we grew up with them every Christmas. Who knew!!
    I’ve never actually seen or tasted a fruitcake. I thought they were universally loathed (but clearly have no personal experience!) so I guess I’m glad to hear that some people do like them! I kind of want to try one now!

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I would vote for a fresh wreath, flower arrangement or maybe even the rosemary Christmas tree at Costco (do they have them this year?). I kind of feel like baked goods are so overdone for teachers.

One of the teachers at my school this year got a gorgeous fresh wreath with different gift cards tied around it and it was much admired.

I would just make sure the teacher isn't sensitive to the fresh wreath or tree.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I would just make sure the teacher isn't sensitive to the fresh wreath or tree.
    Oh, yes please! I’ve spent too many years trying to avoid fresh trees, wreaths, swags, and the like. On a related note, for those of us who are very sensitive, an artificial tree doused in evergreen-scented spray is at least as bad! Not to mention seasonal potpourri, scented candles, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast