gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Have a favorite sugar scrub recipe?

Crafty moms, Do you have a favorite sugar scrub recipe? Or any scrub recipe for body, feet or lips? I've looked over several on Pinterest and there are several good ones but I don't have much time to try them out before I make them. I thought I'd see if anyone here makes their own and has a favorite recipe. Particularly a moisturizing one for this time of year. This is a project for a girls' group I lead.

Thanks for any help you can give!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I used to make this all the time and I'm annoyed with myself that I cannot seem to locate my specific recipe. From searching here, I know that I started from this blog post: https://www.condoblues.com/2009/04/4...t-go-from.html

My last batch I used a combination of sugar, coconut oil and olive oil (and I think a dash of EO) and I whipped it using electric hand mixer. Whipping it up makes a big difference and takes it from homemade to luxury, IMO.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I used to make this all the time and I'm annoyed with myself that I cannot seem to locate my specific recipe. From searching here, I know that I started from this blog post: https://www.condoblues.com/2009/04/4...t-go-from.html

My last batch I used a combination of sugar, coconut oil and olive oil (and I think a dash of EO) and I whipped it using electric hand mixer. Whipping it up makes a big difference and takes it from homemade to luxury, IMO.
    Thank you for this. It was really helpful. That blogger had a lot of good ideas. There are a few there I think I'll try for a future meeting. Thank you!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My daughter used this recipe at her birthday party this past weekend and it worked well:

1/2 cup coconut oil
    1/4 cup sugar
    10 drops essential oil
    1 teaspoon vitamin E oil

The girls packaged them in clear glass jars with a cork lid and a wooden spoon on the side. Similar to this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Glass-Jar-Woo.../dp/B06X3XHVP4