Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Gift idea for boss needed!

Ladies I need ideas for a gift for my boss. Female, chief exec, doesn't drink alcohol or coffee, doesn't eat sweets, is vegetarian, doesn't cook or really have any hobbies because the job just doesn't allow for it. She and husband eat out a lot, mostly as part of the job. They have a new dog. She wears minimal jewelry. She tends to wear pretty scarves with her suits but an admin told me she once gave her a scarf and she doesn't think she's ever worn it. I've never seen the inside of private part of their home (they entertain in a public space of the house and have a private residence separate) so I don't know her decor or taste in things.

I'm thinking maybe a gift set from Harry and David with pears and cheese (she does it dairy...she's not vegan)? Was also thinking of maybe a pretty serving platter and then making/baking something to put on the platter.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I wouldn’t do a serving platter or any type of houseware. The probability she might not like it is high.

Does she have her nails manicured? If so, maybe something like a spa gift certificate? Or a restaurant gift card for somewhere locally owned. Maybe something dog related? I don’t have dogs, but usually there are cute locally owned pet stores or a pet bakery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would just get a gift card for some place to eat in your area even if it is a chain lunch place like Corner Bakery or Panera Bread, if you don’t have a local cafe. I wouldn’t do any specialized food item because I would hate for it to go to waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

She sounds very tough to buy for. I'd go with the less is more idea.

A gift card to a place you know she likes sounds like a win. (Restaurant, Whole Foods, etc.)

In my office (just coworkers and regular manager, not C-level manager) we fell into the habit of gifting back and forth Aveda gift bags with hand relief lotion for sure and usually a little other Aveda thing. We all like having the hand lotion at our desks. For awhile we were trying different "real" gifts (books, decor, etc) and it was just stressful and silly and rarely seemed to hit the mark. Aveda hand lotion gets used every darn day we are here!

Maybe something along those lines with the GC tied on the bag? Small fancy chocolate?

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How about a new business card holder (I have an old Kate spade one that is beat up).

Nice pens for her desk or bags.

Fun note pads (my coworkers always love those). Or a personalized pad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

succulent arrangement?

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

She’s clearly a very busy person and, from what you described, she spends a lot of time at work.
    Maybe a gift card for a local restaurant.. is there a vegetarian restaurant or one that has a good veggie selection?

I like the idea of something for her dog. Since it’s a new dog, they might not have a lot of stuff for it.

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If she got the dog via rescue, make a donation to the rescue organization or the local humane society.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We got a similar boss a gift certificate for a massage, that seemed to go over well. (High stress job)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ooh I like the last two ideas, rescue donation or massage

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast