Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There's some great ideas here! Restaurant or nail salon (she does get her nails done regularly) might work. She's not one to go to a spa, unfortunately...neither the time nor the inclination (I think she's too cheap to indulge that way even though she has plenty of $$).

The dog is a purebred and a rare breed. It's her 2nd of the breed (having recently lost her first) but a breed that has been owned by others in her family. I even googled the breed and rescue and there's like only 1 or 2 in the US. So likely can't make a donation, but something new for the dog would likely be appreciated.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is your boss Angela from The Office ? Sorry I hope no offense is taken but that was the first thing that came to me. Good luck shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The best gift any of my co-workers gave me was a tree ornament in the shape of my favorite tree's leaf (I'm an ecologist so that was perfect). It was locally made and very beautiful, I treasure talking it out every year and think of her.

If she has a tree, is there any way to get an ornament of her dog breed with the dog's name on it? Silly but thoughtful - she might love it. Or something else that speaks to her interests?

Here we can't give gifts over a certain $ limit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Is your boss Angela from The Office ? Sorry I hope no offense is taken but that was the first thing that came to me. Good luck shopping.

Hahahahahaha!

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hmmmm that's really tough. My guess is that she will be very particular even on things like which nail salon she goes to (I do my nails maybe once a year and I'm picky about where I go). So I would want to be sure that the place where you get the gift certificate is the place she'll go to.

Restaurant GC would be good if you know where she likes to go. Or a GC to a local chef who comes to your home to prepare a meal for 2. Depending on your budget.

Does she drink tea? If so, a box with assortment of good teas?

H&D pears and cheese sounds good to me too. I can't think of a single person who doesn't love the pears...

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

Too funny!

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but Jenna Fischer and Angela from The Office have a new podcast called The Office Ladies where they are going through all the episodes of the series...
    DS 2/09

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't envy you, what does she enjoy??? It sounds like a tough one for sure!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I ordered holiday wreaths from Creekside farms for my team and boss. I wanted to do something consumable or disposable.
    http://www.creeksidefarms.com/
    mommy to DD 1/07

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think a Harry and David gift basket or a spa/manicure card is good. Or a scarf from a nice place with a gift receipt. Or a coin wallet. I think giving a gift card (outside of a manicure/spa) is hard and probably not in the best taste. Is she a movie buff? Cause that is another thing where a gift card is acceptable.
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I don't envy you, what does she enjoy??? It sounds like a tough one for sure!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I wish I knew! What does one by for Mary Poppins...she's perfectly perfect with no vices nor time for personal indulgences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2