Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    A kid at my DC's school is selling these moldable erasers for $1 so I guess they must be well liked. They fit your budget.

https://www.amazon.com/Geddes-Scente...6074308&sr=8-1
    Thanks! These look really cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all these links! These are some good options!

Quote Originally Posted by moosemama View Post
    I love the scratch art idea too. What about splitting up a pack of scratch art ornaments?
    https://www.amazon.com/Max-Fun-Rainb...6079245&sr=8-3
    https://www.amazon.com/Blissun-Rainb...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

ETA - just saw these ones, which I really like! For school friends, I also like that they are winter-themed, not just Christmas. I want to order some myself!: https://www.amazon.com/Winlyn-Snowfl...6079851&sr=8-5
    I love the last option!!

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Bookmarks? These are hilarious and the sets with more pieces in them are Prime shipping. You could get a 32-pack and a 20-pack, $30 total.

https://www.amazon.com/Lldaily-Rando...s&sr=1-30&th=1

If you're feeling extra ambitious you could probably thread a ribbon in each one and for a little more money add a tiny bell at the end of the ribbon for holiday spirit.
    The 5th graders would love those!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    From your original post it was unclear the purpose, I thought you were having two birthday parties and had invited the whole class.

I've nerve heard of a teacher asking for this type of thing. We are in a high ses school and even then this wasn't asked. This is a lot to ask of a parent! Usually we'd help supply a craft or make a game or snack but the cost was often much less than what you're going to spend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I was surprised when it happened last year, but then DS was in 1st grade, so it was easier to find more affordable options (and I only needed to do it for one of my kid’s classes).

I also think the teachers are thinking “what a fun idea!” without realizing it’s not inexpensive in order to get something that the kids (esp 5th grade) would actually like.

Thank you everyone for all the amazing ideas! I now have more than enough options for now and end of the year and the years to come lol. I love this board.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by umsh View Post
    I’m hoping to keep it to 50 cents per item or less.

You want something 50 cents or less but nonjunky? IMO that doesn't exist.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Bumpy light up rings? We give the option of these or candy every Halloween and most of the kids take the rings!
    https://www.amazon.com/Solutions-Nov...y+ring&sr=8-8#

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

By the way, I didn’t make it clear but the scholastic warehouse sales (in addition to books) sell all these things that teachers buy to give out to their kids, and the prices are really cheap once you include all the discounts. If you must buy favors, it’s a good option. I always got the login info from the school, but they are open to the public. I used to work the warehouse sales so I could get a deeper discount :-)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

There are some great ideas here! Our 6th grade teacher has classroom parties about 2-3 times per year for various reasons (as a treat if they all agree to accomplish a room cleanup, work together on a classroom project, etc) it has a class store where they trade in tickets for items and asks occasionally for items like this. They are hard to think of and find. As the classroom parent this year, it’s fallen to me to keep him stocked. I don’t mind it at all but it’s hard to think of fun, cheap stuff. Other posters here already suggested anything I had to add. I just wanted to thank you all for the ideas. Some of them will make great fidget toys for DS3.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6