Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For ebooks & puzzle apps, Kindle Fire...I’ve purchased multiple times brand new for $30.
    Fun socks & hoodie.
    Fun tee (Walmart, Target, Hot Topic).
    Gift cards...I agree that my kids really like picking out their own things - BN, Target, Walmart, VISA/MC/AMEX, etc.
    Fun deck of cards & solitaire book.

I just picked up this hoodie for my 15yo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TF8&th=1&psc=1

It's not the greatest quality but I know he'll love it

No suggestions beyond those already provided, but I just wanted to send a hug as I sense from your posts that this gift idea request is adding to your “to do” list at a very busy time.

My 14-year-old son likes t-shirts like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...EQJADHZT&psc=1

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks, everyone! I sent her (the aunt) a list with some of your ideas on it!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like the Kindle idea. You said he has no hobbies, but is there a hobby that you think he might like to develop? Like photography or coding or something like that.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think the Kindle idea is best.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh that is tough! I feel for you as my DS is a happy minimalist/environmentalist and doesn't want us hurting the planet by buying him stuff for Christmas. Try explaining that to the grandparents! We've learned to go with experience gifts for him. Does the aunt live close enough to spend time with your DS? If yes, then I'd suggest she take him on an outing. Get lunch together and buy a gift of his choosing (within her price range.)

If he doesn't have a phone, does he have a way to listen to music? If not, maybe the Kindle Fire would work for that? It sounds like your DS is an introvert, and many of the introvert teens I've worked with get a lot of comfort out of listening chilling in their rooms listening to music.

Also wanted to add, it's clear his situation is painful for you. High school is hard on many teens and it can take time for an introvert to find their tribe. I hope if you move it gives him a fresh start on finding friends. Hugs!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    If he doesn't have a phone, does he have a way to listen to music? If not, maybe the Kindle Fire would work for that? It sounds like your DS is an introvert, and many of the introvert teens I've worked with get a lot of comfort out of listening chilling in their rooms listening to music.
    What about an Amazon Echo or Dot? Great for listening to music and I like to listen to audio books through it as well with the Audible app.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also agree with the music player suggestion. If you don’t like the idea of a Kindle Fire for books, music games, etc, when my son lost his phone privilege, we bought him a SanDisk MP3 player. It’s super tiny (we were surprised that it took him so long to lose his first one!) so easy to fit in pockets, etc. We put all 7 Harry Potter books, 3 (or 4) Eragon books, a couple more random books, and his favorite CDs. When he earned his phone back a LONG while later, he still preferred using the SanDisk. Only problem was that, at least for his model, a lot of Bluetooth devices didn’t work. He only found one speaker that would work, no BT headphones, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast