Default Calling musical theater fans - need help with quotes from song lyrics!

In the mad dash to get everything done for the holidays, IÂ’m now working on a photo book for DD (13) and came up with the idea of entitling it Seasons of Love (from Rent) and including lyrics from musicals as the captions on each page - but IÂ’m getting stuck and stressed!

Any suggestions of quotes if lyrics that relate to: 1) summer; 2) parties/celebrations; 3) rivers or boating; 4) travel in general; 5) beaches; and 6) Christmas/holidays?

Thanks for any help - and hopefully some of you will have fun with this?

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

“Summertime...and the livin’ is easy” Porgy and Bess

I’ll keep thinking about the others. Love the idea!

ETA: “We got sunlight on the sand, we got moonlight on the sea” South Pacific (beaches)

ETA2: “We’re getting a New Deal for Christmas this year” or “Santa’s got brand-new assistance; there’s nothing to fear” Annie
    Last edited by sariana; 12-12-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbert View Post
    In the mad dash to get everything done for the holidays, IÂ’m now working on a photo book for DD (13) and came up with the idea of entitling it Seasons of Love (from Rent) and including lyrics from musicals as the captions on each page - but IÂ’m getting stuck and stressed!

Any suggestions of quotes if lyrics that relate to: 1) summer; 2) parties/celebrations; 3) rivers or boating; 4) travel in general; 5) beaches; and 6) Christmas/holidays?

Thanks for any help - and hopefully some of you will have fun with this?
    Summer - something from "Our Last Summer" song in Mamma Mia or "Summer Nights" from Grease

Rivers/Boating - Something from Big River or Show Boat? (I can't remember specific songs, but Boat and River are in the titles so maybe?); "Blow High Blow Low" from Carousel (that's like an ocean type boat but still)

Travel - Shrek the Musical has a song called Travel Song; Bonnie and Clyde "When I Drive" if it was a lot of road trip travel; "Journey On" from Ragtime, "There's No Cure Like Travel" from Anything Goes or maybe a line from Wicked's "One Short Day"?

Christmas/Holidays - I don't know the songs but there's an Elf the Musical which might have something; White Christmas is mostly known as a movie but pretty sure it's been done on stage so maybe it counts?; "We Need a Little Christmas" from Mame;
    Lizi

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just love this idea!! So fun. I’m no expert here but these replies are great!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

3) How about Sit down, you're rockin' the boat from Guys and Dolls?

4) Climb every mountain from the Sound of Music?

1) is she too old to use Olaf's summer song from Frozen?

Good luck, sounds like fun!

Default Calling musical theater fans - need help with quotes from song lyrics!

(1) summer nights from Grease

How Far I’ll Go from Moana for travel or water?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 12-12-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

4) Ease on Down the Road from The Wiz
    6) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas from Meet Me in St Louis
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

Great suggestions - thank you! Keep them coming if anyone else has ideas...

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

"Because I knew you - I have been changed for good" from Wicked for parties?

Love all the other suggestions.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There is a musical called “Celebration” (by Tom Jones) with a song called the same. It seems to be the song later performed by Kool and the Gang. That was the first song that came to my mind, but I didn’t suggest it because it wasn’t musical theater—or so I thought! Apparently it was not a commercially successful musical, but it does exist. And the lyrics are perfect.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"