Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eyelash serums?

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Eyelash serums?

We’ve talked about these before but what’s the word these days. Anyone use any great eyelash growing products? Anyone had trouble with changing eye color with any of them? I just saw a recommendation in a “best of Amazon” list. (Can’t figure out how to link but it’s Pronexa Hairgenix?)

Would love feedback. I have sparse, short, blonde eyelashes and blue eyes!

TIA!

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm super happy with Latisse. I was really nervous after researching and seeing that changing eye color is a possible side effect bc i have light blue eyes. However when i mentioned that with my doc and then also the pharmacist, they both said they had never heard of that happening with anyone. I decided to give it a shot. it really took about 3 months before i noticed any change at all, to the point where i was thinking what the heck? this expensive stuff isn't working! but then BOOM. it is awesome. At first i got a prescription from my PCP and filled thru my reg place then i saw my dd's dermatologist was selling it, so i now just get if from her. Also, i find the bottle lasts longer than they say it will. i think i get two of the big bottles a year. The cost is totally worth it to me. I used to be embarrassed by my invisible holly hobbie eyelashes that you could hardly see even with two coats of mascara, now i can go out without mascara and you can see my eyelashes. FWIW. HTH.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I read some Bachelor Nation blog (don't judge) and they were talking about something similar to the Rodan & fields lash boost (175 a pop, yikes! but much cheaper. Maybe Google other lash boost serums, I am blessed with long thick lashes, just wish my eyebrows were fuller (am debating tat brow but can't figure out which color to buy).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know that I posted last time, but I really like Rapid Lash. I get mine online @ Costco. $50 for 2 tubes and no complaints.

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    I know that I posted last time, but I really like Rapid Lash. I get mine online @ Costco. $50 for 2 tubes and no complaints.
    Same. I’m super happy with this and each bottle lasts a long time.

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think the more green you have in the iris, the higher risk. I asked my Ophthalmologist and he confirmed it works great so long as a person is willing to risk it. I have too much green so sadly for me, I'm too afraid to try it.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
    I think the more green you have in the iris, the higher risk. I asked my Ophthalmologist and he confirmed it works great so long as a person is willing to risk it. I have too much green so sadly for me, I'm too afraid to try it.
    I was told that blue eyes, too, were at risk. I used the same meds for glaucoma for years and my brown eyes did get noticeably darker brown (well, noticeable to me). My eyelashes also grew like crazy, and had to be trimmed every 4 months at my regular glaucoma check. But the eyelashes grew in all directions: straight down, criss cross, etc. My ophthalmologist said she had often seen that instead of the more desirable lash growth. Of course, I was using the drop in my eyes, not applied topically as I think Latisse is used.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I was told that blue eyes, too, were at risk. I used the same meds for glaucoma for years and my brown eyes did get noticeably darker brown (well, noticeable to me). My eyelashes also grew like crazy, and had to be trimmed every 4 months at my regular glaucoma check. But the eyelashes grew in all directions: straight down, criss cross, etc. My ophthalmologist said she had often seen that instead of the more desirable lash growth. Of course, I was using the drop in my eyes, not applied topically as I think Latisse is used.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Yes definitely blue as well but I believe the last thing I saw on it (years ago) was that the more green one had, the higher the stats of darkening. I'd be game to try it if mine were more blue than green though.

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I read some Bachelor Nation blog (don't judge) and they were talking about something similar to the Rodan & fields lash boost (175 a pop, yikes! but much cheaper. Maybe Google other lash boost serums, I am blessed with long thick lashes, just wish my eyebrows were fuller (am debating tat brow but can't figure out which color to buy).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm not a supporter of MLM's normally, but after watching my mom and sister have excellent results, I tried the Rodan & Fields lash boost and it works amazingly well. I almost wish it didn't work as well as it does.

I have tried this one and it didn't work near as well as the Rodan and Fields https://www.amazon.com/Grande-Cosmet...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I've heard good things about this one, but I've noticed that the people who I know that use it have good lash growth but they're not very full, so it ends up looking a little odd. I'm still tempted to try it though. https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/revital...lts&color=none

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've always wanted to try one but I have light eyes so I'm afraid it will change my eye color and decided it wasn't worth taking a chance. I heard it can change any light eye color. My eyes are green. Seems like every fashion blogger uses one of them...
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast