Default Kiwico Subscription Coupon Code

I had not heard of Kiwico before, but my daughter asked to get one for her sister as a Christmas gift. When I checked out their website, I saw that they are running a sale right now. Coupon code is awesome, and it is for $7.95 for a box for the first month (Eureka and Maker crates are $11.95). For longer subscriptions, it is $13.33 per month, which ends up being 3 months for the price of 2. I got the monthly box, one Doodle and one Tinker, with the plan of cancelling before the second month. I was able to use the code twice so each box was $8, which seems like a great deal. They are currently free shipping with a guarantee arrival by Christmas.

https://www.kiwico.com/

ETA: Coupon code morewhoa for 40% off from their store.
    Last edited by wildfire; 12-14-2019 at 01:48 AM.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks, DS2 has the Eureka crate on his wish list!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

These would be perfect for my SS but we have more than enough for Christmas. Will have to keep in mind for future. Any idea what the regular prices are?

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    These would be perfect for my SS but we have more than enough for Christmas. Will have to keep in mind for future. Any idea what the regular prices are?
    Most of them are $19.99 a month if you buy monthly. The price goes down if you get multiple months worth. Some boxes, like the Eureka, are more but I don't know how much.

Thanks. Just ordered one for a gift and a 3 month sub to start in March for DS bday.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm curious if anyone else ordered the TINKER CRATE what crates have you received so far? I sent a one month tinker crate to a friend in Dec and ordered 3 months for DS3 starting in March. Friend got the spin art machine in Dec. I was bummed because that isn't science and engineering (which my kid loves!) and seems more arts and crafts (which is what the DOODLE CRATE is marketed as). I just got the shipping notice for DS3 and his first tinker crate is also the spin art, which he will hate. I had assumed Spin art was for Dec so we'd get different projects but am wondering if every first tinker crate is spin art? If that's the case I'm wondering what the nxt two in the progression will be. At this point I will have to get something else for his bday because he will hate this since it isn't really science. (Yes I know it's building the machine, I googled videos of it. Still not something he will enjoy because he hates arts and crafts. )

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm curious if anyone else ordered the TINKER CRATE what crates have you received so far? I sent a one month tinker crate to a friend in Dec and ordered 3 months for DS3 starting in March. Friend got the spin art machine in Dec. I was bummed because that isn't science and engineering (which my kid loves!) and seems more arts and crafts (which is what the DOODLE CRATE is marketed as). I just got the shipping notice for DS3 and his first tinker crate is also the spin art, which he will hate. I had assumed Spin art was for Dec so we'd get different projects but am wondering if every first tinker crate is spin art? If that's the case I'm wondering what the nxt two in the progression will be. At this point I will have to get something else for his bday because he will hate this since it isn't really science. (Yes I know it's building the machine, I googled videos of it. Still not something he will enjoy because he hates arts and crafts. )
    I have not ordered TinkerCrate, but i had given that as an idea for my mom to get for DS2 for the previous Christmas. My mom likes to do thorough checks of product reviews, and she told me that the reviews she found for the Kiwi crates weren't great (things not being science-y enough). So she got DS2 a yearlong subscription to Amazon's science boxes instead (I think it was a box every other month). She was happy with it, and DS2 loved the items he received. There were snap circuits, some good ThinkFun game/sets, some game/ actvites for coding, robotics, etc. Spin art would NOT fall under science in my book!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Baby Bargains mobile app

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How old is your kid? Maybe switch to the Eureka Crate? That's what my 10 year old DS2 is getting even though he's below the age limit. He watched all the different videos of the different subscriptions on the website and liked the Eureka best. So far he's gotten kits to make a Ukulele, pinball machine, and desk lamp.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Thanks for that. I agree, the tinker crate is not science-y enough for something marketed as science and engineering. He’s going to be 9 so the eureka one might be better? I wonder if I can switch since that one was more $$? Maybe I’ll see if I can sell the spin art kit unopened on local FB group? He would do it but would be disappointed in it as a *birthday gift*.

I didn’t know about amazon science boxes. I’ll look into those, too! Thanks.

I wouldn't write it off yet. My 9 year old goes to a STEAM school and was wearing a shirt today that says "trust me I'm an engineer" and he loved the spin art kit. It was the easiest time I've ever had getting him to write thank you notes. He hates arts and crafts but loved spinning a piece of art for each recipient using their favorite colors. It does involve engineering because they build a motor and cut the box to make the contraption.