Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Menopause: anybody starting?

I'm 46 and starting menopause. I've skipped my period for two months, and now it's back. I've been bleeding for 10 days now; is this normal? It's light flow, somewhere between a pantiliner and pad, twice a day.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m 53 and through it. Yes, it was like that. Very erratic timing and a few 10-21 day periods as the drew further and further apart. Sometimes scant, a couple of extremely heavy flows... not fun!

It gets better!
    DS 2/09

I had a Mirena from age 40-when my daughter was born--to age 54--when we finally tested and I was in menopause. Just had it taken out last week. (this was the third Mirena--not the same one for 14 years!) I didn't bleed with it. Hot flashes have not been bad--apparently SSRIs can help with that and I take Lexapro so yay for me. I am now hoping I can keep going "out the other side". I had issues with memory loss and increased anxiety with perimenopause-ugh.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

47 and I'm pretty sure I'm starting or my bod is thinking about it. My period hasn't been regular for a while and this month got it 5 days early which was a fun surprise. Night sweats the week before are just gross (but I should have known it would be early bc of this!).

From what StantonHyde mentioned, I would guess memory loss and anxiety are associated too! Just the worst.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

I’m 45 and I’ve had a few instances of missing a period. I’ve also had spotting the week before my period for a few years. Right now my period is MIA and I’m pissed about it. It should have arrived well over a week ago and been gone by now, but it’s nowhere to be seen...and we are leaving in three days for the Caribbean, so I’m sure it will arrive in full force there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

46 too and I think I'm in peri menopause. "More regularly irregular" periods is how my GYN describes it. Smillow, thanks for the reassurance that it gets better!

Relatedly, I think we can all enjoy this Fleabag clip featuring Kristin Scott Thomas on why we should look forward to menopause...

for Sandy Hook

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I think I may be in peri menopause. I’m 45, on BCP still and I’ve skipped a few periods. Had some night sweats and I’m forgetting things. I’ll also say the wrong word at the end of the day when I’m tired. I’ll tell DS breakfast is ready instead of dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Menopause: anybody starting?

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I had a Mirena from age 40-when my daughter was born--to age 54--when we finally tested and I was in menopause. Just had it taken out last week. (this was the third Mirena--not the same one for 14 years!) I didn't bleed with it. Hot flashes have not been bad--apparently SSRIs can help with that and I take Lexapro so yay for me. I am now hoping I can keep going "out the other side". I had issues with memory loss and increased anxiety with perimenopause-ugh.
    This has been mostly my experience except I started taking celexa because of the hot flashes and night sweats. It really helps. I didn’t want to go the estrogen route because my mom really struggled to get off it. She’d be hitting up the neighborhood drug dealer if he sold it. It seemed to just postpone the symptoms. I’ve decided to mask them instead and barrel through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ellies mom; 01-30-2020 at 04:05 AM.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Turning 45 next month. Definitely get the periodic night sweats (I should track the timing of them), the spotting about 5 days before my period, and a fluctuating cycle length...last month it was 34 days, this month 27.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m 48 and my last period was 16 months ago. I had night sweats for a while but those have mostly gone away. I have increased anxiety and memory issues that I believe are related to menopause.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast