My gorgeous 11 year old orange cat had always weighed more than the vet said he should be unitl I switched him to Purine One Metabolism type (forget the exact name) years ago. He was able to maintain a reasonable weight with that. No real issues although he wanted to be fed more...but it worked.

Added an older kitten towards the end of the summer. She had been eating Science diet at the shelter we adopted her from. To make a long story short, I tried to transition her to a kitten Purina One food (followed directions about gradually transitioning) and it did not work with her stomach. I swithed her back to Science Diet. While in the store considering options, a woman came up to me and urged me to only give my cats wet food (which I currently do not use) as dry food is known to cause kidney issues in cats. I feel like she may be right when she told me she spends $100 on each cat/month but it is worth it to her. I cannot afford that. However, I did decide to try the Science Diet perfect weight for my 11 year old cat and transitioned him from the Purina one food; he has gained almost 2 pounds (although occasionally he has gotten into the kitten/pretty much younger cat at this point's food)..I am thinking the Science Diet Perfect Weight is not perfect for him.

Trying to decide if I should just go back to Purina One Metabolism for him...and if I need to either switch to or at least add some wet food for both cats. Thoughts?