Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What about dance shoes or theater shoes? Character shoes usually have a little heel, but a strap.

My DD cannot wear flats that do not have a strap or a loafer style. We have had some luck with flat character shoes.

Also, if her feet have stopped growing, it might be worth investing in a "dressy" shoe. She will wear it again...

Good luck!

I just saw your update; what about a simply ballet slipper or "jazz" slipper? If I remember correctly, the jazz slipper has a little heel (like 1/4")…

I was going to ask about the surgery.....DD had 7 (well, really at least 17....one for putting the device in an done for taking it out, plus a few more) surgeries on her jaw using a technique based on the leg lengthening procedure. The turning of the screws is reportedly no more painful than braces pain. I remember seeing lots of kids with leg halos at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital when we were there. Good luck finding shoes, and good luck with the surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    What about dance shoes or theater shoes? Character shoes usually have a little heel, but a strap.

My DD cannot wear flats that do not have a strap or a loafer style. We have had some luck with flat character shoes.

Also, if her feet have stopped growing, it might be worth investing in a "dressy" shoe. She will wear it again...

Good luck!

I just saw your update; what about a simply ballet slipper or "jazz" slipper? If I remember correctly, the jazz slipper has a little heel (like 1/4")…
    Along this line, what about doing two different mary jane style shoes: one that's flat and one with a 2" heel for around $40-50 total. https://www.amazon.com/CINAK-Comfort...dp/B07H8J57G7/ both in black? Wear with black tights and the shoes wouldn't be very noticeable.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I sent you a pm
    K

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Updating...I got DD a pair of Amazon Essential ballet flats (it actually looks quite nice for a cheapo flat!!) and she's been wearing it around the house to break it in. The cobbler we use confirmed he can totally add a lift to these shoes, but now DD is thinking she can suck it up and go without the lift (which means she will walk on tiptoe on one foot, which is how she walks around at home. It's exhausting for her, but she can manage it and will only need to do it 6 times total for an hour each time and they may not be standing the entire time at every event.

It's these shoes, for anyone needing a cheap pair of ballet flats. They really look quite nice and the rose gold color is very pretty. It hugs her foot well and stays on without straps, even with tights!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PT77K6X...ter_B082BYJB4X

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for the link, OP!

I would go ahead and have the shoes altered for a couple of reasons. First, she will be more confident wearing the shoes. Secondly, they learn a LOT of dances with steps and it sounds complicating to try to learn these new steps with one foot on tiptoe! Also the dancing is with BOYS which could be complicated and potentially embarrassing!
    K

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Thanks for the link, OP!

I would go ahead and have the shoes altered for a couple of reasons. First, she will be more confident wearing the shoes. Secondly, they learn a LOT of dances with steps and it sounds complicating to try to learn these new steps with one foot on tiptoe! Also the dancing is with BOYS which could be complicated and potentially embarrassing!
    This is a good point. I'll have a lengthier conversation with her...she did take ballet for a couple of years with the leg length difference and was able to make it through class (on her tiptoes!) so she may still choose to suffer through. The other complication with the lift is that it will stiffen the sole of the shoe...I'm wondering now if I will have to add a strap to it help it stay on her foot. Eeek. Too bad there's no way to try both ways and then choose one without it being super expensive...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2