Default Holiday Stomach Bug :(

Ugh... I am always so stressed before Christmas because right before I have a couple of crazy busy weeks at work, so I am always trying to do stuff (not buying gifts, but all the other stuff) the last few days. Saturday night my 2 year old go sick and threw up about 8 times. She has thrown up twice since then, but seems much better though very tired and without much appetite still.

Just as I thought the rest of us were in the clear, tonight my mom who is staying with us got diarrhea and my 5 year old threw up all over his bed/carpet. Please lord let tonight be the end of it! But I know I will be a nervous wreck for at least 2-3 more days now just waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry.

Stomach bugs are definitely the worst!
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Default Holiday Stomach Bug

Thought DS was fine as he had gone about 18 hours without throwing up and was acting pretty normally, then it hit him again... So far my father and I have escaped, but I feel like it is just a matter of time so I am consumed by this sense of dread and anxiety. DD’s stomach is fine, but she now has what appears to be a nasty cold.

Usually I love making Christmas cookies, but Santa is getting animal crackers and vanilla wafers this year! I have just walked through the house Lysol’ing the door knobs and light switches for about the fifth time.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Default Holiday Stomach Bug

That is the worst! I hate hate hate stomach bugs. And that feeling of “when am I going to start puking.” Fingers crossed you don’t get it too.

Maybe leave Santa a note outside warning him. You wouldn’t want him to get norovirus too

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Stomach bug just went through our crew. Ugh and ick! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh I'm so sorry, that's the worst! And right when you have Christmas company!

This may be too late for you- if you have any garlic in your house, try having a little bit of it raw. Garlic has strong antiviral and antibacterial properties. I usually have it with butter on a little toast. Whenever one of my kids or students comes down with the stomach flu, I eat a little raw garlic. Maybe it's just a placebo, but who cares if it works!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I did end up with just a touch of it this afternoon, but was able to enjoy opening gifts with the kids this morning. I don’t actually feel bad or even nauseous, but I have taken the opportunity to have a relaxing afternoon of peace with some Netflix and a short nap. Thankful I didn’t get the vomiting portion of it. Yet anyway.

Everyone else is feeling enough better for me to leave the kids and dinner with them guilt free. Oh, who am I kidding, my mom was going to make dinner anyway. But DH kept the kids entertained, gave them baths, and put them both to bed.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17