Default It wasn’t meant to be

While literally signing the paperwork to purchase a pre-owned vehicle, the dealership’s detail shop crashed the car into a workbench. Suffice it to say, we didn’t buy it - and it’s either going to auction or ...they will repair it under the radar/ off the Carfax and sell it like nothing happened.

I’m annoyed, DH is annoyed - we wanted this car - it had high miles but was pristine, one owner, dealer maintained and had a lot of life left in it for what we needed it for. Plus we had even taken it for an extended test drive with their permission, in the pouring rain, to make sure it fit in our wonky garage. No issues or damage while we drove it. But yup, they crashed it, in their own detail shop!

Worst part is, I think the detail technician might have lost his/her job over it - just before Christmas. Sigh.
    DS 2014

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That stinks. At least no one was hurt. Hope you find a new car that’s a great fit also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh wow, that sucks!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Thankfully yes, no one was physically hurt.
    DS 2014

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh no! I’m so sorry!!

A few years ago when my husband was going to trade in his car, the appraiser crashed it as he was driving it. He ended up not buying a car, so the dealership had to fix his, and then of course it was marked on car fax as being in an accident so his expensive mustang sports car was now worth next to nothing due to the dealership.