I'm late to it, but want to book something for spring break this year. We'll drive, so I am thinking of trying Alabama. I know it might be on the chilly side, but it seems there is a lot to do in those areas regardless, and I'm tired of yucky Michigan weather over spring break.

Kids will be 11, 13, 15 when we go. I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I'd like there to be enough for them to just go do on their own, with each other, etc. I don't want to have to drive to everything and do everything as a family of 5. Yes we will do some, but I think having a place with a lot of options would be fun. I think I've narrowed it down to Beach Club Resort and Caribe Resort.

Beach Club - further from the "stuff" of the area. Has tennis courts, including clinics. Game room, ping pong, heated outdoor pool, on the beach, a few restaurants and ice cream places. They have an activity calendar with crafts, smores, and more things that some of my kids would enjoy.

Caribe - closer to the "stuff" to do in the area. Tennis court, but no lessons. Ping pong, pools (non-heated outdoor), lazy river, mini golf, 1 restaurant. Not on the beach, but there is a trolley to get there and it's close.

Both are condo rental places, so we'd eat some meals in the condo I am sure. We'd bring food and do a grocery shopping trip on the way in.

Both are about the same price, with Beach Club a little more.

I think we would stay 4 nights, which is just 3 full days. Not super long, which makes me wonder if it's worth it . We can't leave here until Saturday evening, so would arrive Sunday night (stopping on the way). DS1 is loosely considering UA for college, so wants to do a tour while we are down there, so we'd need to be able to get there by Friday for that. Maybe we can add another night. I'll play with it - 4 days sounds better!

Anyone been to either and want to weigh in?