Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Still hanging on with IF. Lost the 2lbs I gained (mid-cycle) after starting IF. I don't feel any different. No boost of energy. No less hungry...I still go to bed often feeling hungry (close my window at 6 or 7pm and go to bed at 9:30pm) and definitely still wake up starving. By 10am my stomach is loudly growling. I hang on until sometime between 11am and 12pm but by then I feel ravenous. Feeling so hungry has me thinking about food all.day.long. I feel like I spend all morning thinking about how much time is left until I can open my window. I have a desk job and while I'm super busy I just can't get distracted from being hungry the way I would if I was out and about. The one bright spot is that I've been able to transition to black coffee (previously always used a splash of flavored creamer) without gagging on it and I like that closing the window after dinner keeps me from snacking later at night. I'll stick with it some more but I'm still not convinced I've found nirvana lol.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Still hanging on with IF. Lost the 2lbs I gained (mid-cycle) after starting IF. I don't feel any different. No boost of energy. No less hungry...I still go to bed often feeling hungry (close my window at 6 or 7pm and go to bed at 9:30pm) and definitely still wake up starving. By 10am my stomach is loudly growling. I hang on until sometime between 11am and 12pm but by then I feel ravenous. Feeling so hungry has me thinking about food all.day.long. I feel like I spend all morning thinking about how much time is left until I can open my window. I have a desk job and while I'm super busy I just can't get distracted from being hungry the way I would if I was out and about. The one bright spot is that I've been able to transition to black coffee (previously always used a splash of flavored creamer) without gagging on it and I like that closing the window after dinner keeps me from snacking later at night. I'll stick with it some more but I'm still not convinced I've found nirvana lol.
    Are you eating enough during your window, especially high quality fats? I feel like fats keep me full for forever. I close my window at 7pm and open it at 2pm and don't feel any hunger pains, but I also eat a lot during my window, including a pretty high fat coffee (made with a Whole 30 MCT oil creamer), avocados, etc. I weighed in at 146lbs the other day, down from 155. I'm on my period now so won't weigh again until after that. Make sure you're keeping super hydrated too. I'd think if you're going to bed hungry just 2.5 hours after closing your window, that you're probably not eating enough at dinner. I usually go to bed super late (midnight at the earliest) and I'm still full from dinner.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by essnce629; 01-23-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I could have written this. I'm on week 2 so still very early and definitely still adjusting. I'm doing 16-18 hour fasts and by the last 2-3 hours I'm hungry and cold. By 11a today I was wearing a heavy cardigan over my sweater in a 70 degree space and still felt chilly. I haven't weighed myself yet because I know it's early. Ive done IF in the past with macro counting and felt better after a week or two so holding out hope I'll still get there. I definitely need to be better about having healthy options available during my window because I feel like eating all.the.things.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Are you eating enough during your window, especially high quality fats? I feel like fats keep me full for forever. I close my window at 7pm and open it at 2pm and don't feel any hunger pains, but I also eat a lot during my window, including a pretty high fat coffee (made with a Whole 30 MCT oil creamer), avocados, etc. I weighed in at 146lbs the other day, down from 155. I'm on my period now so won't weigh again until after that. Make sure you're keeping super hydrated too. I'd think if you're going to bed hungry just 2.5 hours after closing your window, that you're probably not eating enough at dinner. I usually go to bed super late (midnight at the earliest) and I'm still full from dinner.

Great question. Lunch is often prepackaged chef style salad (cheese and meat) to which I add half an avocado and a hard boiled egg. Yesterday it was an egg salad sandwich on hearty grain GF bread and homemade potato corn chowder (made with heavy cream). Then I snack on almonds, larabar, meat stick, or some type of GF cracker/snack. Dinner is usually meat, carb, veggie or chili, lasagna, stroganoff, stir fry. Last night was hungarian paprika chick thigh on GF noodles and a salad. The night before was venison steak stir fry. I'm always very full after lunch or dinner but then hungry several hours later. Right now it is 9:45am and my stomach is audibly growling.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Late / new here but I’ve been doing IF 6 mos now. I’m consistent but also severely cut calories in the feeding period as I really needed to lose, I lost 20 in 3/4!mos and another 7 the next 2/3 mos and now I’m just maintaining and aiming for 4 more to hit my Last goal. I’m a fan but know it doesn’t work for some, friends tried and ended up Same or gained. I thought maybe it was due to what’s eaten in the 8 hrs.

Great question. Lunch is often prepackaged chef style salad (cheese and meat) to which I add half an avocado and a hard boiled egg. Yesterday it was an egg salad sandwich on hearty grain GF bread and homemade potato corn chowder (made with heavy cream). Then I snack on almonds, larabar, meat stick, or some type of GF cracker/snack. Dinner is usually meat, carb, veggie or chili, lasagna, stroganoff, stir fry. Last night was hungarian paprika chick thigh on GF noodles and a salad. The night before was venison steak stir fry. I'm always very full after lunch or dinner but then hungry several hours later. Right now it is 9:45am and my stomach is audibly growling.
    Hmm, sounds pretty good and filling to me! Maybe add a full chicken breast to your lunch salads? A lot of times those prepackaged salads with meat just have a tiny amount of meat. I can see this being true with a chef salad since it's usually just a small amount of diced sliced ham or turkey right?

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think if you are always hungry it might not be the right way to go. It sounds like you have given it some time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m still doing IF and it seems to be working for me. I made a choice over the weekend to have a longer eating window because my schedule was crazy. DD was participating at the stock show and we’d leave the house 5:40-5:45am each day and get back to the house 7:30-8:30pm. I think that i actually only had a longer window one or two days out of the 4, but I’m looking forward to getting back to my normal (and still long compared to other people!) schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

OK guys, I must not be doing this right. After nearly a month of IF, I appear to have *gained* two pounds! I'm fasting a 16 hour window, eating 2 vegetarian, home-cooked meals in the 8 hour period and consuming fewer carbs, almost no sugar. What gives? I will say that I haven't been able to exercise much during this time due to a knee injury but it's not like I was running miles a week previously. Frustrated!

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    OK guys, I must not be doing this right. After nearly a month of IF, I appear to have *gained* two pounds! I'm fasting a 16 hour window, eating 2 vegetarian, home-cooked meals in the 8 hour period and consuming fewer carbs, almost no sugar. What gives? I will say that I haven't been able to exercise much during this time due to a knee injury but it's not like I was running miles a week previously. Frustrated!
    Have you read the Delay Don't Deny book or checked out the FB group? Gaining a pound or 2 is actually pretty common for some people in the beginning. Did you take measurements or pics before starting? I've seen so many before pics of people who haven't actually lost anything according to the scale but look drastically different in their face and have actually lost inches.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast