Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Family

ok, I got nothing else here--I mean my family talks about our dog a lot but not his nose being cold or warm over and over again....
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Perhaps they get along so well because they generally only make light, inane conversation?

The nonsensical circular conversations drive me batty. Though, to be fair, in our case, its mostly because they dont bother listening to anyone else's conversation.

My kids mostly talk on speaker phone so I hear the conversations with my relatives often. 2 people talking, no one listening! The best, is when they're together and we call... They're together and on speakerphone and we'll get the same thing repeated 3-4 times!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    perhaps they get along so well because they generally only make light, inane conversation?

The nonsensical circular conversations drive me batty. Though, to be fair, in our case, its mostly because they dont bother listening to anyone else's conversation.

My kids mostly talk on speaker phone so i hear the conversations with my relatives often. 2 people talking, no one listening! The best, is when they're together and we call... They're together and on speakerphone and we'll get the same thing repeated 3-4 times!
    omg yes - this!!!!

Oh, the circular conversations kill me. There's nothing left to contribute and while I think you are all bat**** crazy, I'm not going to argue about it either.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Talked to my mom today. I found out that she bought ten, one pound bags of Christmas M&M's. Now, she wants help to sort them by color so she can use red for Valentine's and green for St Patrick's.

Nope. Not me. Besides, who wants to eat them after they've been handled by a half dozen people??

Family.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Talked to my mom today. I found out that she bought ten, one pound bags of Christmas M&M's. Now, she wants help to sort them by color so she can use red for Valentine's and green for St Patrick's.

Nope. Not me. Besides, who wants to eat them after they've been handled by a half dozen people??

Family.

ohhh a new New Years Tradition! Sort the M&Ms....... You could all wear gloves........

dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

Family.
    This is amazing. I'm convinced my MIL always chooses the weekend after Christmas for our celebration so she can hit the sales on the 26th.

Although I do admit to pulling the green wrapped Hershey Kisses out of bag for an elementary school party at Valentine's Day.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

To OP... Could your mom's nutritionist have shown her a picture of proteins that included tofu and she mistook the tofu for marshmallows??? I know my parents would never eat tofu and only know what it is because we eat it occasionally. They probably wouldn't know what it looked like.

We have our own family drama... It's everywhere!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    To OP... Could your mom's nutritionist have shown her a picture of proteins that included tofu and she mistook the tofu for marshmallows??? I know my parents would never eat tofu and only know what it is because we eat it occasionally. They probably wouldn't know what it looked like.

We have our own family drama... It's everywhere!
    OMG if this is the case, it just makes the whole thing even funnier HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2