Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks! Those are some good options. I think I should try Vans. They’re definitely wider. I get my Marvel (and Star Wars) t-shirts from DH. Some of mine are are rare (never made it to production). DH likes me to wear the tees and cons and I liked the look but my feet weren’t loving it! I have a Vans Outlet near me that I’ll check out.

This really shouldn’t be too difficult. My feet aren’t that particular and my winters aren’t cold enough for snow but my feet hurt for a couple of weeks after wearing the converse so it has spooked me!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Adidas Superstars. Super supportive and very, very comfortable. Vans have very little support.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Adidas Superstars. Super supportive and very, very comfortable. Vans have very little support.

Ooh. I love the look of these. I'll have to check if they are narrow but they have the exact vibe I'm going for!

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So interesting, I found those Adidas super uncomfortable, too stiff and heavy being leather, and I really wanted to like them. The Vans had more instep padding than I was expecting. My daughters slip on vans don't have the same instep support.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    So interesting, I found those Adidas super uncomfortable, too stiff and heavy being leather, and I really wanted to like them. The Vans had more instep padding than I was expecting. My daughters slip on vans don't have the same instep support.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep, I have those Adidas too, in all white, and also find them heavy and not as comfortable as other shoes. I wear my cheap Soda slip ons way more because they are more comfortable and light.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Yep, I have those Adidas too, in all white, and also find them heavy and not as comfortable as other shoes. I wear my cheap Soda slip ons way more because they are more comfortable and light.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Oh shoot. I have decided that anything I buy will be worn for an entire day inside my house from now on. I have a bunch of stores I can try (but I might have to wait to replenish the budget a bit--see my other post in this forum!)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have these in several colors. They aren’t as comfortable as running shoes but I wore them all summer and was fine in them. If you can find a color you like in the sale section, they’re 25% off right now.

https://www.saucony.com/en/jazz-orig...1=true&start=1

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Oh shoot. I have decided that anything I buy will be worn for an entire day inside my house from now on. I have a bunch of stores I can try (but I might have to wait to replenish the budget a bit--see my other post in this forum!)
    I’m not sure that would help you be able to return them unless your house is all carpeted. The treads will get dirty as will the footbed (even if not dirty, enough impressions that they are clearly worn). I pony up and buy 99% of my shoes from Nordstrom or REI because of their generous return policy. I’ve only ever used it once on a pair of shoes I wore for a day but absolutely killed my feet. Knowing I can return them though is reassuring to me.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Shoes to wear with Marvel tees and a puffer jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I have these in several colors. They aren’t as comfortable as running shoes but I wore them all summer and was fine in them. If you can find a color you like in the sale section, they’re 25% off right now.

https://www.saucony.com/en/jazz-orig...1=true&start=1
    I have multiple ones of these too! One of them was a true rock star with regard to comfort. Not sure why the others haven’t been as amazing. But I can tour a city all day in them.

I would also look at Sketchers. If you’re a Costco member, they have a cute pair for $30 and they have a great return policy.

Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 01-03-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’m not sure that would help you be able to return them unless your house is all carpeted. The treads will get dirty as will the footbed (even if not dirty, enough impressions that they are clearly worn). I pony up and buy 99% of my shoes from Nordstrom or REI because of their generous return policy. I’ve only ever used it once on a pair of shoes I wore for a day but absolutely killed my feet. Knowing I can return them though is reassuring to me.

Really? I do have a lot of carpeting in my house but I didn't realize wearing them inside the house would show wear.

Regarding Nordstrom proper, I think that's what I'm going to have to do from now on. I do think it is worth it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast