twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Rothy's VIPs - don't forget your $30

I got a $30 off code in my email, expires Dec 31. If you got one, don't forget to use it in the next couple of days!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If anyone has a code they won’t be using, I would love to have it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I asked for a pair for Christmas but didn’t get any. Do they ever have sales? Is their website the only place to buy? Which shoes are your favorite? I think I’m going to spend some Christmas money on a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I asked for a pair for Christmas but didn’t get any. Do they ever have sales? Is their website the only place to buy? Which shoes are your favorite? I think I’m going to spend some Christmas money on a pair.
    They do not EVER have sales. They are expensive (overpriced IMO...but I guess that's the price you pay for something that's unlike anything else). The only discounts I've ever seen are the VIP discounts (and that happens maaaaybe once a year. I only ever recall getting 2 of these in my Rothy's lifetime). And the referral discount is the only other way, though they have changed it so that you can only get $20 off your FIRST pair of shoes, and the referee will get $20 off their next pair (it used to be that you could get $20 off with a referral link regardless of if this was your first or 5th pair, so the referee could get $20 off multiple pairs of shoes depending on how many times they shared their referral link).

If this is your FIRST pair ever, $20 off is the best you will get. There are several of us here who would be happy to send you a referral link for the $20 off, just ask!

Also, if this is your FIRST pair, definitely read reviews about sizing. I normally wear a 7.5-8 and have a slightly wide foot. I have to get size 8.5 in the Points and also size 8.5 in the loafers. I have also tried the flats (the round-toe ballet flat) and those work in a size 8 but don't like them as much. My favorite have to be the loafers...I can walk miles in them and they work for everything - casual, work, travel...I spent my $30 VIP discount on another pair I also have 3 pairs of Points and they are really lovely for work since I can't wear heels. They aren't as comfy as the loafers, but they are the most comfy point-toe shoes I've tried. I have them in black, red camo (FUN!) and gray camo. I can't walk miles in them because my toes start feeling squished (and sizing up would make them too long) but I can wear them for a workday without problems. Basically:
    Flats: can probably order your street size; consider 1/2 size up if you have a wide foot
    Points: most people have to order 1/2 size up, especially if you have a slightly wide foot. If you have a really wide foot, you might even need to go up a whole size.
    Loafers: most people have to order 1/2 size up, but if you have a narrow foot you may be fine with your street size
    Sneakers: I haven't tried these but they look stiff and uncomfortable to me when I look at the videos. I'd much rather (and do) get Allbirds.

If you want something even more comfortable that Rothys, you could look at the Allbirds ballet flat. They are INCREDIBLY comfy but IMO they're more fugly on the feet
    Last edited by twowhat?; 12-29-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Thank you for the details! I would love a referral. I think I’m going with the black loafers. I mostly wear black clothes. I am a 7.5 with widish feet, so I think I will go with a size 8

So I don't have a new referral link (yet) but will probably get one in the next few days once my shoes ship. They expire stupid early (you have to use within 30 days or something like that). I'll send it to both you and jgenie as soon as I have it. Or if anyone else has one that can be used now, feel free to share!

I 100% agree with your assessment to get a size 8. If that doesn't work and you need an 8.5, returns/exchanges are free. In my experience, these shoes don't stretch at all (they will "rearrange" to conform to your foot but the fibers themselves do not stretch!). So if they feel too tight when you try them on, they won't loosen up and I'd get the next half size up.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Thank you for the details! I would love a referral. I think I’m going with the black loafers. I mostly wear black clothes. I am a 7.5 with widish feet, so I think I will go with a size 8
    Here's my referral link for $20 off. I have the points, sized up a half size.

https://share.rothys.com/x/wQx54I

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks twowhat for the reminder! i had gotten a code but i didn't even realize it!

jgenie - i just sent you a PM!

If anyone has an extra VIP code, I’d be grateful to have it. My almost 3-year old black points need to be replaced. Anyone have a pair of the new Merino points? Like, dislike?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Mommy to DS 2007