Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE!! Darn it. What to do with $90 boots that aren't going to work...

UPDATE: Nordstrom Rack gave me back all my money. Even shipping!

I wore them outside! I thought they were definitely going to work. I tried on my sisters size 7 Korkies ankle boots. I loved the color, she wears them like crazy so I ordered a pair on Nordstrom Rack. And they fit completely different! Even though they look identical and they are the same size (supposedly). I wore them outside. I thought it was a sure thing. She was going to buy them off me if they didn't work for me since she wears hers everywhere. But she tried them today and even though her feet are SMALLER than mine, they're too tight in the toe box.

I think I'm going to try to return them. I'll be honest that I wore them outside and see what they say. I think I'll most likely be stuck with them.

I think I can wear them for short stints without pain.

I basically don't have any shoes I can wear if its even a little cold (40s and 50s, not frigid) that don't hurt my feet. I have a 10 yo pair of nikes that I work out in. I have some flats that are fine on my feet (but not terribly warm).

I guess this is sort of a complaint. Sort of expressing my fears of sinking costs into shoes that aren't working for me. SOrt of a bitch against myself for wearing the shoes outside. And sort of a plea to help me find shoes that fulfill this one purpose of sort of dressed nicely and completely comfortable for large amounts of walking.

FWIW, when it is warm I wear Fitflops 95% of the time and they work for almost everything.

I sort of had misgivings even immediately after buying the Korkies. Although I really like them (a LOT!) I wondered if they were the most versatile color and style for how I like to dress.

I would like to maybe find some Adidas (or Vans) for Marvel T, puffer jacket outfits, but I wear nice blouses to work too.

Sorry this is rant-y! I would love advice. I probably could have grabbed a pair of new Nikes and a pair of Adidas for the price I spent on this boots. I was trying to be smart and I got stung!
    Last edited by bisous; 01-07-2020 at 02:41 PM.