Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE!! Darn it. What to do with $90 boots that aren't going to work...

UPDATE: Nordstrom Rack gave me back all my money. Even shipping!

I wore them outside! I thought they were definitely going to work. I tried on my sisters size 7 Korkies ankle boots. I loved the color, she wears them like crazy so I ordered a pair on Nordstrom Rack. And they fit completely different! Even though they look identical and they are the same size (supposedly). I wore them outside. I thought it was a sure thing. She was going to buy them off me if they didn't work for me since she wears hers everywhere. But she tried them today and even though her feet are SMALLER than mine, they're too tight in the toe box.

I think I'm going to try to return them. I'll be honest that I wore them outside and see what they say. I think I'll most likely be stuck with them.

I think I can wear them for short stints without pain.

I basically don't have any shoes I can wear if its even a little cold (40s and 50s, not frigid) that don't hurt my feet. I have a 10 yo pair of nikes that I work out in. I have some flats that are fine on my feet (but not terribly warm).

I guess this is sort of a complaint. Sort of expressing my fears of sinking costs into shoes that aren't working for me. SOrt of a bitch against myself for wearing the shoes outside. And sort of a plea to help me find shoes that fulfill this one purpose of sort of dressed nicely and completely comfortable for large amounts of walking.

FWIW, when it is warm I wear Fitflops 95% of the time and they work for almost everything.

I sort of had misgivings even immediately after buying the Korkies. Although I really like them (a LOT!) I wondered if they were the most versatile color and style for how I like to dress.

I would like to maybe find some Adidas (or Vans) for Marvel T, puffer jacket outfits, but I wear nice blouses to work too.

Sorry this is rant-y! I would love advice. I probably could have grabbed a pair of new Nikes and a pair of Adidas for the price I spent on this boots. I was trying to be smart and I got stung!
    Last edited by bisous; 01-07-2020 at 02:41 PM.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Isn't Nordstrom known for really good customer service? You might be successful, especially if there is a problem with them.

Bummer about the boots, but good luck!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Darn it. What to do with $90 boots that aren't going to work...

Are they leather? Will they stretch if broken in? I have a pair of leather booties from Kork-ease I had to break in over time. Now they’re fine for all day wear, but I did short outings in them at first. My ugg booties fit perfect first time and are now a little loose as well broken in

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 01-02-2020 at 10:16 PM.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would try to exchange them for another pair since you have tried that same style and it fit better. It sounds like you just got a mis-sized pair.

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Isn't Nordstrom known for really good customer service? You might be successful, especially if there is a problem with them.

Bummer about the boots, but good luck!
    I think Rack is different? It is worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Are they leather? Will they stretch if broken in? I have a pair of leather booties from Kork-ease I had to break in over time. Now they’re fine for all day wear, but I did short outings in them at first. My ugg booties fit perfect first time and are now a little loose as well broken in

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Really? Oh that is good to hear. They are leather.

I reached for them right away today when I had to run to the grocery store and the Scout store. They were perfectly fine (but I wore them without socks.) I had no pain. Wearing them without socks isn't great but thankfully my feet aren't too sweaty?

I think maybe they're okay boots but I wanted them to be my every day boots and they're not going to work for that. I think a price point of $50 would make me feel better. I'd have been better off just buying a cute pair of Nikes I think.

I'm not entirely sure that I won't get refunded the money. I'm going to try to see if I can exchange tomorrow. Maybe they are just mis-sized!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would try to return them. Be confident! Best of luck
    K

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I would try to exchange them for another pair since you have tried that same style and it fit better. It sounds like you just got a mis-sized pair.
    My sister and I were wondering about the sizing being off. Truth is--I'm more of a 7.5 but my sisters were so roomy that I thought I could get away with a smaller pair. I bet hers were the ones that were mis-sized. I'd be happy exchanging them for a larger pair though I'm not sure that's allowed.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Something similar happened to me this month with some Dansko boots. I decided to wear them with the thinnest socks I own.

I contacted Dansko and they suggested going to a shoe repair shop to stretch them, but I haven’t.

Also, I think Nordstrom Rack sometimes has “mfr mishaps” like this Natori bra I got last year. It’s the one the rose straps. At the regular store, the bra is perfect. The one from Rack has cups that are conical (and comical) and male pointy ta-tas. And the reviews mention it! (I found out after the fact.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast