DH and I have decided (we think) on having a mobile vet come to us, as she hates going to the vet and it stresses her out so much. We don't want her last moments to be stressing about where she is. I am going to call the two agencies that service this area and get more info today. It is now down to the question of when. She still wants to cuddle, is still eating/drinking (though maybe not quite as much as normal), still using the litter box. Not very playful, just lays and sleeps a lot, or wants us to pet her (still head butts us for attention like she always has). The swelling around her one eye is so bad though, the skin is taught and red and to me, it looks a tiny bit worse each day. The anti-inflammatory meds she is on does not seem to be helping. And she is very sniffly, so I'm afraid it is affecting her breathing. DH wants to schedule it for a Friday or Saturday, so that the girls have time at home to grieve before going back to school. But he said this weekend feels too soon. But I'm worried that waiting another 1.5 weeks is too long, as I don't want her suffer.

I'm also torn on when to tell the girls it is scheduled. I'm afraid if I tell them too far in advance (especially DD2), they will dwell on it and worry. But I also don't want to spring it on them last minute. Poor DD2 keeps saying a prayer each night for Lucy to get better. And asks me if there is any chance of her getting better.