MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Haflinger Clogs fit

I've been having some foot pain in the last month, which I think is from walking on my hardwood floors with just socks on. When I put on a pair of slippers, the pain subsides. So I knew I needed to buy a good house shoe/slipper for indoors. Per the recommendation of the many BBB'ers, I ordered a pair of the Haflinger clogs. I bought these Haflinger GZL Leather Trim Grizzly clogs--

https://www.zappos.com/p/haflinger-g...2053/color/275

I have wide feet and never like "tight" or constricting shoes. So even though I can be a 7.5 wide to 8 medium in shoes, I almost always buy size 8 medium (especially in boots) because of my wide feet. I never wear "too small" shoes, if that makes any sense.

I bought the Haflinger in a 37 (women's 7) because many of the reviews said the clog ran a half to a whole size larger. The size 37 (women's 7) feels comfortable to walk in and actually do fit. But I feel like my third and fourth toes brush against the top of the clog, which I am not used to and don't care for. I don't like that feeling of those toes pushing slightly against the front of the clog. I had that same issue with a pair of Crocs that were one size too small that I had to return.

I'm not sure what is "normal" for a good fit for these. For Haflinger clog wearers, do any of your toes touch the top or push against the top at all? Should I order a size 38 (women's 8)? Would a "little big" be okay in these to avoid the third/fourth toes touching the top slightly? I know it touches b/c of how the clog top curves down towards the 3rd/4th/pinky toes. Many reviewers said these don't stretch, but I don't know.

As noted before, this would be for strictly wearing in the house as house shoes/slippers.

Thanks for any sizing advice!
    Last edited by MMMommy; 01-08-2020 at 10:35 PM.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I also wear 7.5/8 and have wide feet, and my Haflingers are a 39, actually. They're this version: http://www.haflinger-usa.com/product...um=60&subid=56 and roomy across my toes. This is my second pair - I was fitted for the first in an actual shop, and I ordered my new pair in the same size.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Thanks! I will order a size bigger.

Update: Wearing and liking one size bigger--the size 38 (size 8 women). My feet are getting used to them, and they feel much better after wearing them around the house.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)