Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Beaches Turks & Caicos?

We're headed to Beaches T&C in a couple of months. I found a few older threads with great info (especially on the restaurants, thanks Hillview! ) but wonder if anyones been recently?

We're in the Caribbean section, I think Salt Cay Villas.

I am kind of rolling my eyes at the whole AI thing and the giant beaches logo in the bottom of all the pools but it seems to get great reviews all-round. DDs are teens so we won't need the kids club but any feedback on teen stuff?

Thanks!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

There’s snorkeling off the beach if you walk along the beach south for a bit. We stayed at the Windsong, and we snorkeled daily off the beach. People from beaches walked down all the time
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We went back in April, I will update when I have a few minutes about our specific experience. But what I found super helpful in planning is joining two Beaches T&C FB groups. They are:

Beaches Turks & Caicos Unofficial
    Beaches Turks & Caicos Fans Official

There might be more groups, but these were more than enough for my planning
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We went last year (again) we love it there. I am forgetting how old your girls are exactly but last year my boys were 11&13 when we last went. They liked getting a room key and having some freedom. They know their way around that place pretty well. DS2 likes the pool side activities DS1 DOES NOT. They both liked the French pool in the afternoons (there were more teens there) vs the Italian pool (more little kids). They like the sushi place a lot (we went there three times) and we took them to the fancy adult restaurant (you need nicer clothes -- they are serious about it). There is a teenage night club called Club Liquid that the boys went to briefly -- it wasn't their scene but it seemed ok to them.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

We’ve been to Turks and Caicos and always go to Seven Stars resort —Seven Stars and many of the other non-Beaches resorts, offer condo style accommodations (we always get a two or three bedroom), plus all the typical resort amenities, although not Beaches level entertainment. We met up with friends who stayed at Beaches last year, and they were very unhappy with the crowds at the pools, and their teen was not interested in the teen club. Personally, I prefer the beach near Seven Stars to the location of Beaches. There is a Ritz going up there as well, right next to Seven Stars, but may not be done yet. But the best part about Seven Stars (and resorts near it), is that it is a five minute walk to the village area (filled with upscale shops and restaurants) and across the street from a gourmet grocery store. Beaches is not in walking distance.