Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

There also this article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...harry.amp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    There also this article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...harry.amp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I couldn’t read Sarianas link. I was skeptical about that NY times piece but it links directly to news articles that are absolutely overtly racist in tone. I apologize for missing it before.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry, I was on my phone and was having trouble pasting. There is an extra https:// in my post, but I tried reposting without it, and it goes to a generic Yahoo page with a message that the page I'm looking for doesn't exist. I saw an article about how "Black Britons" were reacting to the news and thought it seemed relevant. But I guess the article is no longer on Yahoo.

ETA: I found it: Try Googling <Black Britons Wonder What Took Harry and Meghan So Long>. The new one I found is also the New York Times, and I know that sometimes has a paywall.
    Last edited by sariana; 01-11-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Oh I totally agree that there has been a ton of racist trash posted by the press, by British people, etc. It is awful. But—-stepping back while selling yourself as a brand isn’t protecting anybody. That’s why I don’t buy it. And the photos on the piano or the pix of the 4 monarchs—again, Princess Anne isn’t in those and she’s not complaining. Now if there is evidence that the Queen, Charles, William have said racist things, then Harry should hightail it to Canada.

Harry could have developed a role as a spare-done so much with charities and patronage. He could have denounced all the racist stuff and moved forward. He could just not read the press.

This is not going to get him what he wants. I don’t feel sorry that he’s born into this role and all the money. Again, he could walk away from everything and live on his inheritance in Canada. But that’s not what’s out there.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

A monarchy in today’s world is just stupid. That said, I totally get why the British keep it around. It’s a major tourist attraction, easily responsible for more revenue than it costs, and is a major tradition. But if Harry isn’t interested in raising his family so close to it all, more power to him. I don’t why any of them should feel obligated to continue. Plus, they aren’t severing all ties with the family, just moving away. I also wouldn’t want to raise Archie to feel they all needed to just tolerate and/or ignore the racist crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They should do whatever they want to do, it’s their lives. But they way they made the announcement was graceless, they should have the maturity to handle things better
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I really have no opinion on it all. But my dear brother (the one we have shared nannies with, etc.) is totally a doppelgänger for Prince Harry, so I have such fun imagining him as DB's evil British twin whenever there is news about him. So keep it up, I hope they are always on the front page!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    They should do whatever they want to do, it’s their lives. But they way they made the announcement was graceless, they should have the maturity to handle things better
    From what I understand it is sort of unclear exactly what happened. It now seems there were ongoing talks between Harry and the family and it got leaked and the Sun was going to publish it. I think there is a scenario where some person in the royal household staff decided to leak it and Harry just saying screw it. This all reminds me of the Empress Michiko of Japan having a nervous breakdown due to the machinations of the Japanese royal household. It certainly didn’t do Princess Diana much good, and I’m not a fan. For those of you unaware of the breath and depth of the racism, it’s pretty bad.

I also don’t agree they need to pick up security costs. The reason the need security is partly so they don’t get used by some group to extort the UK. No one suggests Chelsea, the Bush twins, or the Obama girls pay for their Secret Service. One could argue their parents knew the risk to their kids. It’s not like Charles had a choice to expose his offspring to these risks. I can see they may need to pay some portion if they do a lot of traveling outside of royal duties. But seriously, The damn tabloids spent more time on them taking a private jet (which all royals have) than they did with Prince Andrew hanging out with Epstein and having sex with a child.

I don’t think my the mere fact of his birth Prince Harry owes his life to the Monarchy. If his father wants to support him with his own money, that’s his choice. If the British want to stop paying for the Royals, that’s their choice. But I think security is a given until they no longer will be a target. It’s not like Harry doesn’t have money. It’s not like Meghan can’t do a Christmas move once a year for Hallmark and sell something on QVC if she wants. I’m not sure how people are, “they can’t possibly support themselves.” It doesn’t sound like Meghan was always living the lifestyle of the 1%. I’m sure they will manage to Feed themselves and put a roof over their head.

On a completely pretty, I’ve got no right to judge front, I don’t understand the public love with William and Kate. Both of them look miserable.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    From what I understand it is sort of unclear exactly what happened. It now seems there were ongoing talks between Harry and the family and it got leaked and the Sun was going to publish it. I think there is a scenario where some person in the royal household staff decided to leak it and Harry just saying screw it. This all reminds me of the Empress Michiko of Japan having a nervous breakdown due to the machinations of the Japanese royal household. It certainly didn’t do Princess Diana much good, and I’m not a fan. For those of you unaware of the breath and depth of the racism, it’s pretty bad.

I also don’t agree they need to pick up security costs. The reason the need security is partly so they don’t get used by some group to extort the UK. No one suggests Chelsea, the Bush twins, or the Obama girls pay for their Secret Service. One could argue their parents knew the risk to their kids. It’s not like Charles had a choice to expose his offspring to these risks. I can see they may need to pay some portion if they do a lot of traveling outside of royal duties. But seriously, The damn tabloids spent more time on them taking a private jet (which all royals have) than they did with Prince Andrew hanging out with Epstein and having sex with a child.

I don’t think my the mere fact of his birth Prince Harry owes his life to the Monarchy. If his father wants to support him with his own money, that’s his choice. If the British want to stop paying for the Royals, that’s their choice. But I think security is a given until they no longer will be a target. It’s not like Harry doesn’t have money. It’s not like Meghan can’t do a Christmas move once a year for Hallmark and sell something on QVC if she wants. I’m not sure how people are, “they can’t possibly support themselves.” It doesn’t sound like Meghan was always living the lifestyle of the 1%. I’m sure they will manage to Feed themselves and put a roof over their head.

On a completely pretty, I’ve got no right to judge front, I don’t understand the public love with William and Kate. Both of them look miserable.
    Couldn't agree more! They're living their life for the public and the monarchy. They don't get to be who they want and I'm sure it's miserable.

I don't think William and Kate look miserable at all. They have embraced their roles and do well. Now, I don't read the British press, I suppose there are stories there.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast