Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another list of the BS they've had to put up with https://www.stylist.co.uk/people/meg...5dvFIBpwpgvBck

I think comparing her with Kate "embracing the role" is fairly ridiculous. Kate is white & British and she'll (presumably) be queen someday, and has officially produced the heirs. Very very different than the wife of the man currently 6th in line. As for getting married quickly - they dated for several years and got married in their mid-30s and they obviously wanted to have children.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Did anyone catch the palace announcement? I think Meghan and Harry are getting everything they want. I'm also happy to hear the joint statement from William and Harry. I think I realized some of my agony over this is that it seemed like there was a schism in their relationship and I've always admired those two. I hope they can both have the lives they want. (And it seems like they will!)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be hilarious if wasn’t for the fact that the Lady of Kent and her ilk probably are one of the reasons they are leaving.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...011516142.html

Which is why why Black Britain’s aren’t at all surprised by any of this.

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think it was the right choice. I also don't think the US has a full understanding of the British tabloid system, which is an entirely different beast than our own. And has been SAVAGING Meghan. Buzzfeed just did an article comparing headlines of Kate and Meghan that I think it pretty damning. And pretty ironic, given that I just read something the other day listing all the ways H&M have proven how self-involved they are, including how they didn't give the Queen enough notice to attend Archie's christening. Meanwhile, she doesn't make it to Louis's, and no mention of how it is all W&K's fault.

The palace never had to set up any Twitter filters for slurs against Kate, like they did for the N word with Meghan. A freaking BBC radio presenter tweets out a photo of a CHIMP when Archie is born, and still insists that it was unfair for him to be fired, because he didn't mean anything racist by it. Seriously - how do they counter constant racist abuse when there is actual debate over if comparing their mixed race child to a chimp is really racism? This is not something she should be showing a "stiff upper lip" through. A parent removing their child from this chaos is the right move, plain and simple.

I also do not buy into the party line about this proper queen who has sacrificed all for crown and country, and is so hurt that her grandchild would betray her. The Queen has overseen many a messy scandal in which her hand was all over it. The limited coverage of Andrew's SEX WITH AN UNWILLING MINOR (RAPE) and William's alleged affair are a testament to the grip she has over the press. She keeps the sins of the royals covered up and unaccounted for, while throwing their wives to the press for distraction. Her hands were well documented to be heavily involved in all that went down with Diana. The reality is, she is not interested in the royals living a life above reproach. She is interested in keeping the image of HER family under HER control.

Seriously, even this latest statement. She could just say that she is happy for H&M to go out on their own, and the details of it all will be complicated to iron out. They can fight like any other family, behind closed doors. Instead, she puts out a statement about how saddened she is to see them go, but of course will let them do so. It is a statement deliberately designed to paint her as a victim in this, and keep the public on the side of the crown. Can you imagine your grandmother selling you out like that??

As for them getting taxpayer money - the royal family gets taxpayer money. If the British people still accept that, then this seems like quibbling, as though the royal family is otherwise using all their money on things of value to the people. Spoiler - they're not. I think it's funny that people will accept it going to a rapist, but not the future king giving money to his son, but whatever. Regardless, I think it's more a matter of growing pains. Harry has been working since he was a child, essentially, as the kids have no choice but to join in the "family business." Now he's out on his own, let's see if he can pull in money on his own. Again, I find it ridiculous to see all the coverage of M, given that she HAD a job as an actress. When her engagement to Harry was announced, the public felt that of course, she HAD to quit that job. And now, there's a scandal around how she is leaving the royal circle and she "doesn't have a job."

There's no way for her to win in this. Getting out before her child is dragged into it is the best thing they could do.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    i think it was the right choice. I also don't think the us has a full understanding of the british tabloid system, which is an entirely different beast than our own. And has been savaging meghan. buzzfeed just did an article comparing headlines of kate and meghan that i think it pretty damning. And pretty ironic, given that i just read something the other day listing all the ways h&m have proven how self-involved they are, including how they didn't give the queen enough notice to attend archie's christening. Meanwhile, she doesn't make it to louis's, and no mention of how it is all w&k's fault.
    wow!!!!!!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    I think it was the right choice. I also don't think the US has a full understanding of the British tabloid system, which is an entirely different beast than our own. And has been SAVAGING Meghan. Buzzfeed just did an article comparing headlines of Kate and Meghan that I think it pretty damning. And pretty ironic, given that I just read something the other day listing all the ways H&M have proven how self-involved they are, including how they didn't give the Queen enough notice to attend Archie's christening. Meanwhile, she doesn't make it to Louis's, and no mention of how it is all W&K's fault.

The palace never had to set up any Twitter filters for slurs against Kate, like they did for the N word with Meghan. A freaking BBC radio presenter tweets out a photo of a CHIMP when Archie is born, and still insists that it was unfair for him to be fired, because he didn't mean anything racist by it. Seriously - how do they counter constant racist abuse when there is actual debate over if comparing their mixed race child to a chimp is really racism? This is not something she should be showing a "stiff upper lip" through. A parent removing their child from this chaos is the right move, plain and simple.

I also do not buy into the party line about this proper queen who has sacrificed all for crown and country, and is so hurt that her grandchild would betray her. The Queen has overseen many a messy scandal in which her hand was all over it. The limited coverage of Andrew's SEX WITH AN UNWILLING MINOR (RAPE) and William's alleged affair are a testament to the grip she has over the press. She keeps the sins of the royals covered up and unaccounted for, while throwing their wives to the press for distraction. Her hands were well documented to be heavily involved in all that went down with Diana. The reality is, she is not interested in the royals living a life above reproach. She is interested in keeping the image of HER family under HER control.

Seriously, even this latest statement. She could just say that she is happy for H&M to go out on their own, and the details of it all will be complicated to iron out. They can fight like any other family, behind closed doors. Instead, she puts out a statement about how saddened she is to see them go, but of course will let them do so. It is a statement deliberately designed to paint her as a victim in this, and keep the public on the side of the crown. Can you imagine your grandmother selling you out like that??

As for them getting taxpayer money - the royal family gets taxpayer money. If the British people still accept that, then this seems like quibbling, as though the royal family is otherwise using all their money on things of value to the people. Spoiler - they're not. I think it's funny that people will accept it going to a rapist, but not the future king giving money to his son, but whatever. Regardless, I think it's more a matter of growing pains. Harry has been working since he was a child, essentially, as the kids have no choice but to join in the "family business." Now he's out on his own, let's see if he can pull in money on his own. Again, I find it ridiculous to see all the coverage of M, given that she HAD a job as an actress. When her engagement to Harry was announced, the public felt that of course, she HAD to quit that job. And now, there's a scandal around how she is leaving the royal circle and she "doesn't have a job."

There's no way for her to win in this. Getting out before her child is dragged into it is the best thing they could do.
    Big yes to all of it!!!! That’s what I was telling people here, we truly have no idea of how savage the British media/tabloids are. It’s so different here, although still pretty hurtful.

Harry remembers all.of.this from his mother constant drama with the media. Even if they stayed, took more of lower key roles like Philip and Zara (other royal cousins) to maintain a more low key lifestyle, H&M will still be ripped to shreds. Merely because of who Harry is and who his parents are, he is the brother of a future King. Also, people seem to forget even after Princess Diana separated, she was still hunted and chased by the media. It was no just letting up on her, even when she tried to move back into quieter life post divorce. Then she got killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What do you think about Harry and Meghan's decision?

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Big yes to all of it!!!! That’s what I was telling people here, we truly have no idea of how savage the British media/tabloids are. It’s so different here, although still pretty hurtful.

Harry remembers all.of.this from his mother constant drama with the media. Even if they stayed, took more of lower key roles like Philip and Zara (other royal cousins) to maintain a more low key lifestyle, H&M will still be ripped to shreds. Merely because of who Harry is and who his parents are, he is the brother of a future King. Also, people seem to forget even after Princess Diana separated, she was still hunted and chased by the media. It was no just letting up on her, even when she tried to move back into quieter life post divorce. Then she got killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    And then they took photos of her dying! It’s truly savage. I don’t blame him at all for wanting to get out as much as he can. And I say him, media is calling it Megexit. Harry is the one that says he gets flashbacks when he hears cameras. He was traumatized as a child and now sees it repeating with his child. Now the statement says the Queen understands they want to change their roles, where was that understanding when her great-grandchild was compared to a chimpanzee!! There was no outrage from any palace. The queen could’ve shut that down!! This is not the time to “never complain, never explain”.

Harry’s already fulfilled his duty, he was the spare and now there’s others higher up in the line of succession. I hope they can escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 01-14-2020 at 02:17 AM.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This 100%

We broke our promise to Harry
    https://mydaughtersarmy.org/we-broke...mise-to-harry/

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What do you think about Harry and Meghan's decision?

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    This 100%

We broke our promise to Harry
    https://mydaughtersarmy.org/we-broke...mise-to-harry/

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    That’s a good article! He’s done so much already.

I read one article that explained he’s spent his life under pressure being the spare to the heir. Now he’s the spare to the spare to the spare to the spare to the heir.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 01-16-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast