Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    And yet, she didn't run. She stayed. Lots of people in the public eye put up with bad press. Hillary Clinton, the Obamas, etc. Again, I will believe Harry actually wants to protect his family if he goes and lives a quiet life. If he continue to live in the public eye, then he is either extremely misguided or naive or I don't know what.
    But why is Meghan under any obligation to stay in a country that's not her own where her child is subjected to racist remarks. They call him a chimp! He will be constantly subjected to racist remarks that none of his relatives or even extended circle will be. It's such privilege to say she should just sit there and take it. It's not like this was her plan from the beginning. I think she planned to live in England and fit in.

You have zero idea how hurtful it is to have your kid subjected to racism.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    But why is Meghan under any obligation to stay in a country that's not her own where her child is subjected to racist remarks. They call him a chimp! He will be constantly subjected to racist remarks that none of his relatives or even extended circle will be. It's such privilege to say she should just sit there and take it. It's not like this was her plan from the beginning. I think she planned to live in England and fit in.

You have zero idea how hurtful it is to have your kid subjected to racism.
    Ummm, yes I do know what it’s like to have my kid subjected to racism and homophobia.

Again, my point is that if she continues to put herself and her child in the public eye because she’s selling a brand, then she isn’t protecting Archie or herself. Is the idea that if they move to Canada nobody will post racist comments on her Twitter feed??? That England is the only racist place?? Did everybody forget what the Obamas put up with?????

To be clear—Harry made this decision to protect his family from awful press. My point is that unless they go live a quiet life on Vancouver Island, they are still going to be subject to that press. I think they are both being naive
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don’t think Harry naively expects to be left alone. I think he’s just giving them the metaphorical finger.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post

Again, my point is that if she continues to put herself and her child in the public eye because she’s selling a brand, then she isn’t protecting Archie or herself. Is the idea that if they move to Canada nobody will post racist comments on her Twitter feed??? That England is the only racist place?? Did everybody forget what the Obamas put up with?????

To be clear—Harry made this decision to protect his family from awful press. My point is that unless they go live a quiet life on Vancouver Island, they are still going to be subject to that press. I think they are both being naive
    This is why I think they are being hypocritical. They can’t honestly think they can avoid the negative publicity while still pursuing a life of celebrity and philanthropy as royals, do they? They haven’t given up their titles so they still want to be royals. Their website is called “Sussexroyal” so they are still capitalizing on their connection to the BRF. They want the perks of being royals without the negative press. I just don’t see how you can have it both ways. They won’t avoid the press and they WILL hurt the monarchy.

To be clear, I suspect most of this “stepping back” is being pushed by Harry, not Meghan. He has a history of breaking away and rebelling from his family. Meghan and her contacts might be throwing out some ideas and suggestions but Harry is recklessly agreeing to them despite knowing how well this can hurt his grandmother and the monarchy. I think he’s living in denial. Unless he’s just so angry that he doesn’t care if the whole thing topples.

i really think the only way for them to break away from the tabloids and negative press is to drop the titles and connection to the BRF. They can do speeches and Meghan can act and do voiceovers and they would have to limit their visibility. In other words, they would have to become more like an average citizen of Canada or the US. But that lifestyle just doesn’t sparkle as much, does it?
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-18-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think if they step back they should also be responsible for all their bills. Homes taxes security and give up gifted titles. Its all up to them.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I think if they step back they should also be responsible for all their bills. Homes taxes security and give up gifted titles. Its all up to them.
    Funny you should say this. They're paying back the money it cost to renovate their home, and won't get any more taxpayer money for royal duties, and most importantly, will no longer use their HRH titles. Buckingham Palace just announced it.

It still won't be enough for some people. (Not saying you, or anyone else on this thread).

I think no matter what the security forces will never let them take over their own security even if they wanted to. It would be a huge coup for many different groups to harm them. It'd be like if a presidential child wanted to quit the Secret Service, I think they'd be told "no dice".
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Funny you should say this. They're paying back the money it cost to renovate their home, and won't get any more taxpayer money for royal duties, and most importantly, will no longer use their HRH titles. Buckingham Palace just announced it.

It still won't be enough for some people. (Not saying you, or anyone else on this thread).

I think no matter what the security forces will never let them take over their own security even if they wanted to. It would be a huge coup for many different groups to harm them. It'd be like if a presidential child wanted to quit the Secret Service, I think they'd be told "no dice".
    Former presidents children don't get secret service protection just the President and wife ( unless the children are under 16)
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What do you think about Harry and Meghan's decision?

Former presidents children don't get secret service protection just the President and wife ( unless the children are under 16)
    They can continue to have secret service protection for a while after father leaves office. Bush did it as did Clinton, the Obama girls may still have some too

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bush-da...ce-protection/

And it’s a different situation, Prince Harry will always be son of the King and brother of the King when his father and brother take the throne. Presidency is limited time. Security will always be needed. Princess Margaret always had security as sister of the Queen, she wasn’t a working royal to the same extent like the Queen’s children have been, had a more limited role.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 01-18-2020 at 04:31 PM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    And it’s a different situation, Prince Harry will always be son of the King and brother of the King when his father and brother take the throne. Presidency is limited time. Security will always be needed. Princess Margaret always had security as sister of the Queen, she wasn’t a working royal to the same extent like the Queen’s children have been, had a more limited role.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Harry and his family will always need security as long as he is the son and brother of a king. If Harry and his family can’t afford it, it should come from the BRF. I think paying for their security will go over much better if that’s the only thing the British people are paying for for him. Even if Harry and Meghan take up very normal, non- visible jobs, they will always maintain some level of celebrity due to his proximity to the crown. That’s something he can never escape.

This is the first I’ve heard that they are giving up their titles and a first for the BRF, if I’m not mistaken. If this works out for everyone, it could pave the way for Princess Charlotte or Prince Louis to break away and live a normal life, if they want to one day. I love the continuity, majesty and magic that the monarchy represents so I selflishly hope that Harry & Meghan’s decision doesn’t harm the monarchy. Frankly, I agree with one of the bloggers I linked to before. If they had kept their titles and started their charitable foundation it would have created a competing British court to rival Prince Charles’s and Prince Williams’s similar to what (it was rumored) the Duke of Windsor attempted to do. I sincerely hope this works out well for everyone.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I didn't say former presidents. I my opinion, Harry, and to a lesser extent Archie and then Meghan are as valuable a target to the British as children of sitting presidents are.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast