Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If I ever go to Costco, I feel so overwhelmed and consumed by the feeling that I’m wasting time that I can’t watch my own cart let alone other people’s. That’s why I send DH to Costco!
    The only place I watch other people is when buying fruits. I can’t for the life of me tell whether the melons etc. are in season and good to buy so if many others that look like experts are making a beeline for those fruits, I grab one too lol!

I hate shopping in general at B&M stores. The more the choices, the more the time when weekend time is already at a premium. Costco is a crazy place on the weekends, also I always get a mini heart attack at checkout after I hear how much I spent!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When I was in college a guy in front of me at the checkout bought only a pack of cigarettes and a box of condoms. The cashier told him to have a good night, and I remember thinking to myself that that was probably not going to be a problem!

I only look at people's carts to try to assess which line will go fast. I just don't care what other people are buying. But if someone has a bunch of produce that they haven't weighed and printed out labels for themselves, I'm skipping that line because it takes extra time for the cashiers to key it in.

I don't mind if people ask questions about what I'm buying. I'm happy to help out. I did meet another mom at our school when my girls started K because she was asking me about the gigantic box of Pirate's Booty in the bottom of my cart. She was probably the first mom I had a conversation with at school, she recognized me from pickup.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I only look at people's carts to try to assess which line will go fast. I just don't care what other people are buying. But if someone has a bunch of produce that they haven't weighed and printed out labels for themselves, I'm skipping that line because it takes extra time for the cashiers to key it in.
    I’ve never been to a grocery store where I had to weigh and label produce! It’s always fascinating how different things are in other towns!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I only pay attention at the check out stand as people unload. The folks that have their carts filled with nothing but produce, eggs and seafood always make me feel bad because mine might have those but also some juice boxes and snacks.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Heck no, I am usually too busy running around like a crazy person, grabbing stuff, filling my basket to overfull and cutting off the circulation in my arm.

The only thing I have noticed is when people buy a flat of eggs (two or three dozen?). I probably need to do that, my family is small but we eat a ton of eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’ve never been to a grocery store where I had to weigh and label produce! It’s always fascinating how different things are in other towns!
    This is a Wegman's thing. You can weigh and print out the label for produce. You don't have to, but it saves time at the register.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I only do this when I am shopping alone at a traditional grocery store, meaning there is usually a check out line and I am bored, so I start peeking at people's carts. When I'm at a warehouse club or aldi, I'm too busy trying to get myself through the checkout process, I don't have time to look at anyone else's cart.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2