Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Netflix, Disney+, or other recs to watch when homebound?

It's day 4 of the flu (type A, confirmed at Urgent Care) but my kids and I are finally starting to feel a little better and not sleeping all day. We can't go back to school or work yet due to the contagious nature of the flu. I don't have the energy to do a deep cleaning (I just Clorox wiped hard surfaces since DH somehow hasn't gotten sick yet!). We have Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu. Already watched Mandalorian (loved it), but otherwise am pretty behind on shows.

Any recs?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ds2 and I had a stomach bug last month and binged Nailed It. We watched some Christmas movies too but that doesn't help. I think all the Indiana Jones are on Netflix now. I see Ferris Bueller's Day Off on there too! Men In Black 1-3 is on there. Charlie's Angels is good fun. Parks and Rec is an easy show to binge.

The movie Togo on Disney+ is great. Willem Defoe and cute dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you like the Marvel Universe movies, you could try the Agent Carter spinoff series on Disney+. Two seasons - 18 episodes total - about Peggy Carter (Captain America).
    Mom to two spunky kids

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have they seen the Librarians? It's staring Noah Wyle (who played Dr John Carter on ER.) There are three Indiana Jones - type movies, but lighter/funnier. There was also a TV series made, but the movies are better.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

On Disney + we're really enjoying Encore and the High School Musical show (I refuse to type the whole name!).

My kids have been really into watching past seasons of The Amazing Race recently. It's been so much fun to watch as a family and cheer on the teams. I never thought of it as a show for kids, but after a friend suggested it we tried and loved it. Also good - Making It, Nailed It and Great British Baking Show

We liked the Imagineering series on Disney+, and my kids adore the Kids Baking Championship on Food Network. They just started season 8, so lots of old seasons to binge watch if you like it.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh, I feel your pain. DS2 started the flu (also type A) this past weekend. He's finally able to return to school tomorrow, but DS1 just came down with it yesterday. We also like the Imagineering series on Disney and the big one is Battle Bots on Hulu. I've even gotten into it and I think we've watched everything available at this point.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids really like watching Nailed it & Sugar Rush.

Or a Disney Afternoon marathon with Darkwing Duck, Recess, etc.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    We liked the Imagineering series on Disney+, ...
    So much this; I have to catch up. It's truly one of the best things I've seen.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast