Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Amazon delivery...

Am I the only one who has a big problem with the unmarked Amazon Delivery cars?

We live in the middle of no where. UPS, FedEx, ect. are common on our street, but these unmarked cars just pulling in front of the house and stopping are making me really uncomfortable. We know our neighbors and pretty much know everyone who comes up the street. EXCEPT, these delivery vehicles that slow down and stop, then it takes a long time for the driver to get out and deliver the package. I don't know who this is, are they casing the neighborhood? Watching the kids? Up to something nefarious? My kids have come flying into the house screaming that there is a strange car stopped in front of the house, only to determine it's an Amazon delivery person!

As much as I appreciate Amazon delivery, these unmarked cars make us feel very unsafe!

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We live out in the country and most of us have a hidden (camougflaged) motion sensing camera on our property. We see who stops and a lot of this Amazon delivery, Jehovahs witness, all sorts of folks. It gives me peace of mind that at least if something did happen, we would have their license plate and car info.

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    We live out in the country and most of us have a hidden (camougflaged) motion sensing camera on our property. We see who stops and a lot of this Amazon delivery, Jehovahs witness, all sorts of folks. It gives me peace of mind that at least if something did happen, we would have their license plate and car info.
    Sorry to take this off-thread, but we also live in a rural area but can't get WiFi down by the gate. So the Arlo cameras I bought only work up at the house. I would love to be able to see the random folks who drive up and stop by my gate. Does your hidden camera have a satellite connection? Can you recommend a brand?

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't have a problem but live in Los Angeles and strange unknown cars stop in front of my house like 100 times a day! I have a Nest doorbell but pay zero attention to it unti it says person at the door. I've turned off motion notifications as I'd get 100s a day!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I totally agree especially since they sometimes come after dark. I do not understand why there isn’t even a large obvious car decal at minimum.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I totally agree especially since they sometimes come after dark. I do not understand why there isn’t even a large obvious car decal at minimum.

I agree. With packages getting stolen in so many places, you'd think they'd at least issue some of those magnetic decals or some light up signs similar to lyft/uber.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I almost think it will decease porch pirates as they aren't advertising who they are.

It's amazing to me how paranoid our society has become, nobody answers their door anymore and I don't think there is more crime these days. In know people who spend a lot of time watching their front door.

Disclaimer, I do not have a ring or nest, no alarm system, often my patio door is not locked when we aren't home. We lock our house but it's not super secure but I've never been afraid and it's been myself and 2 kids for 8 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don’t feel unsafe. I constantly feel bad for these drivers hustling trying to make a buck. I have a bad driveway in snow. A regular UPS driver knows when they can and cannot get up. However, no that Amazon is using these people they can get screwed. Get a car stuck then have to walk up. I’ve cut down my deliveries. Add to it most the drivers are of color and they are driving in these well off white neighborhoods I imagine the police are constantly getting calls about them. (If my local news police log is of any indication.) Every time I have dealt with a driver they have been so nice.

Honestly, if it makes you that nervous don’t buy from Amazon.

Also, will be a cold day in hell before a get one of those video doorbells.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I don't have a problem but live in Los Angeles and strange unknown cars stop in front of my house like 100 times a day! I have a Nest doorbell but pay zero attention to it unti it says person at the door. I've turned off motion notifications as I'd get 100s a day!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    This. Except for me it’s probably “dozens” rather than 100s. It’s totally outside my experience to be concerned about cars and I’m interested in this perspective. I have FB friends that post that they (gasp!) have a knock on their door and they aren’t expecting anyone. And they’re freaked out. We get lots of unsolicited visitors from friends bringing something by to neighbors wanting to chat. I think this must depend on where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    This. Except for me it’s probably “dozens” rather than 100s. It’s totally outside my experience to be concerned about cars and I’m interested in this perspective. I have FB friends that post that they (gasp!) have a knock on their door and they aren’t expecting anyone. And they’re freaked out. We get lots of unsolicited visitors from friends bringing something by to neighbors wanting to chat. I think this must depend on where you live.
    I moved here from LA. The crime stats here are much than LA (and currently LA isn't even that high). People are WAY more paranoid here. Our neighborhood FB page freaks out when there's a helicopter overhead, people call the police non-emergency number about "suspicious" cars. Unknown cars don't bother me in the least. Nothing ever happens here, and yet people are constantly freaking out.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast