Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Unless they have the contractor gate code they have to ring me and I have to open the gate to the development It happened more during the preholiday season. I do like living in a gated community for things like that. Getting in they get recorded coming to my do my ring picks them up and going out. We dont have any issues with porch pirates here. We have some grumps on the HOA board but in general I like the set up.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    Sorry to take this off-thread, but we also live in a rural area but can't get WiFi down by the gate. So the Arlo cameras I bought only work up at the house. I would love to be able to see the random folks who drive up and stop by my gate. Does your hidden camera have a satellite connection? Can you recommend a brand?
    Ours are old school, we are not monitoring it constantly, so they are not wifi or satellite. We download the files from the cameras periodically, with the goal of having the record if something does happen. And also seeing the wildlife who cross the camera's path!

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2akm View Post
    There's an article in New York Times last September about Amazon's unmarked delivery trucks and it may explain why they are unmarked:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/05/u...accidents.html
    That’s a pretty sobering article...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I felt the same but had a neighbor’s camera (neighbor is policeman) catch some footage of DS when he walking home and stopped by a man in a car who tried to either grab DS or his backpack off his shoulder. DS is 15 and 5’7” and our neighborhood is considered very safe. I’ve never worried about him walking home. DS is fine, he was able to get away and call the police. Baby Bargains
    We had a similar incident years ago with two middle school age kids in the neighborhood. They got off the bus and were chatting when someone came by and tried to get them in a car. One of the kids was standing in front of her house and the other lived two doors up the street. The kids ran to the closest house, but didn't tell anyone until hours later. My DC were very young at the time, but it was an eye opener to the entire neighborhood. I truly does not matter where you live.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post

Yes it is, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    The Best of NextDoor twitter is amazing if you haven't seen it.
    Ohhh, I’ll have to look. I’m glad to know it’s not just my neighborhood that is whacko on Next Door. We get the added joy of what to do when you are hiking on the local trails and encounter coyotes as well as homeless people hanging out in apartment conmplex laundry rooms not to mention the people who leave an entire weeks worth of camping gear in their parked cars and are pissed off because it gets stolen.....
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The thing is, most of us don't need packages the next day (or two day even). Amazon needs to figure out a way that keeps people safe, all people... the delivery drivers, other drivers, pedestrians, families, EVERYONE! For awhile, the AMAZON delivery truck would use our street to park for almost an hour at a time (don't know why). It was a little strange to see a random truck parked on a rarely traveled street. I don't know what the answer is, but AMAZON needs to take responsibility for their delivery people AND used marked vehicles so that people know why they are there! There needs to be more oversight to protect everyone!

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post

From the drivers viewpoint it’s not good either. As a nurse I know how many people get injured in the job. It’s easy for a delivery driver to be in a accident in the truck or while out of the truck trying to deliver packages. If they aren’t employee’s they don’t have workman’s compensation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3