acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Sports equipment swap?

Has anyone organized a sports equipment swap before? I am on the board for one of our local youth sports organizations and I thought this might be a good idea to propose, either as a small fundraiser or just as a helpful event for families.

I'd love to hear anyone's experiences of how they organized it, how it went, etc. if you have been involved in one!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

At the end of season party, people are invited to bring outgrown stuff and swap with others. No one is manning it and if just runs itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ours is like Snugglebuggles but at the beginning of the season. First meeting/practice everyone brings outgrown stuff that might be useful for teammates to pass along/trade/sell depending on item type and condition. Our ages span the continuum and kids grow fast, so it's nice for us as we're trying on stuff just before a season to know what goes in the pile to get rid of and identify what we need. Usually it's included with the intro email telling us when to be there as a friendly reminder for those that want to participate. We wait until the meeting portion is done and then just work it out amongst ourselves. Love it!

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks - I would be looking to do at the start to the season, as all our different age levels end at different times. Sounds like it could be very low key with just time/place and invite to bring stuff!