WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default which snow boots do you buy your 12 year old?

We've always had consignment sale snow boots, but the 12 yo is in men's 8.5-9 and we need to get a pair by Friday. We are heading to colorado, and these boots will be handed down, so I'd like for them to be good with no ripping after a few wears. I found some at DSW for $79 but that seems high. Nothing on FB or CL available. Also, his foot is on the narrow side, and he's super light weight. The Kamiks I found felt heavy.

Sorel brand and they make different types and heaviness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    We've always had consignment sale snow boots, but the 12 yo is in men's 8.5-9 and we need to get a pair by Friday. We are heading to colorado, and these boots will be handed down, so I'd like for them to be good with no ripping after a few wears. I found some at DSW for $79 but that seems high. Nothing on FB or CL available. Also, his foot is on the narrow side, and he's super light weight. The Kamiks I found felt heavy.
    Actually $80 sounds ok for men’s size boots. I used to find deals on shoes when DS was in kids sizes but that not the case anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got DH a pair at Kohl’s several years ago that have held up well (though he only wears them a few times each winter to shovel snow). They might be Totes brand, which I have also gotten in kids sizes for the girls several years and they hold up well enough to pass down.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My 12yo is wearing Lands End right now and loves them. You could also try Kohl’s.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

so excited to find them on amazon in a different color for just $39. At that price I could throw in the balaclava in the Old Glory pattern he also wanted. Yay! Thanks for the help!

As he grows--check out Sierra Trading Post. They have great deals on snow boots. Going from boys to mens sizes is ridiculously expensive. It was a real shocker to me when we made that change!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Glad you found something that will work! Last time I was searching for men's sized snow boots I had good luck at Nordstrom Rack.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    As he grows--check out Sierra Trading Post. They have great deals on snow boots. Going from boys to mens sizes is ridiculously expensive. It was a real shocker to me when we made that change!!
    It’s such a shocker, and I guess DD (13) just happily accepted my old boots, so it wasn’t a problem with her. I’m too spoiled by amazing consignment sales in our area. I never pay full price for so many expensive items like this.