Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

These are all very helpful suggestions! Thank you guys!
    Lizi

We are going for 3 days next month, and I was completely overwhelmed on a forum with all of the acronyms, plans, and talk of things that made no sense to me. I would love to plan something out vs. just show up. DH will be taking the kids (10 & 13) while I’m at a conference, and I’ll be meeting them in the evening. We are planning on universal on Saturday.

I just hired a travel agent who specializes in Disney trips. We already have our flight and hotel, and we are buying tickets through a discount site associated with the conference I’m attending. She is charging me a reasonable flat rate to come up with a schedule including fast passes and restaurant recommendations.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Two online sources are use before planning a trip are the previously mentioned Disboards as well as Mousesavers

https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...-disney-world/

be sure to check out the links for Time is Money and FAQs

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Best way to start the dive into Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    We are going for 3 days next month, and I was completely overwhelmed on a forum with all of the acronyms, plans, and talk of things that made no sense to me. I would love to plan something out vs. just show up. DH will be taking the kids (10 & 13) while I’m at a conference, and I’ll be meeting them in the evening. We are planning on universal on Saturday.
    I think this one of the main reasons that we haven’t bit the bullet and gone to WDW because dh is not a planner but I have talked to people who have planned everything out from meals to fast passes and saw more than others who didn’t so I guess there is an advantage.

Even DL needs a little trip planning these days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I think this one of the main reasons that we haven’t bit the bullet and gone to WDW because dh is not a planner but I have talked to people who have planned everything out from meals to fast passes and saw more than others who didn’t so I guess there is an advantage.

I can understand that!!!! As I'm starting to research more I'm absolutely floored by the amount of things to consider and plan for in advance. DH is totally disenchanted hearing about all of it (like needing to book fast passes in advance, smart to have a "plan" for your day instead of just wandering around the park picking rides that look fun, etc.). We've just finished several years of living overseas and traveling to tons of European cities in countries where we don't speak the language...and this seems more complicated! I'm continuing to research at this point but I don't know if we'll do it right now or not. I'm still rooting for the trip, but it won't be worth it if DH isn't on board too.
    Lizi

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    I can understand that!!!! As I'm starting to research more I'm absolutely floored by the amount of things to consider and plan for in advance. DH is totally disenchanted hearing about all of it (like needing to book fast passes in advance, smart to have a "plan" for your day instead of just wandering around the park picking rides that look fun, etc.). We've just finished several years of living overseas and traveling to tons of European cities in countries where we don't speak the language...and this seems more complicated! I'm continuing to research at this point but I don't know if we'll do it right now or not. I'm still rooting for the trip, but it won't be worth it if DH isn't on board too.
    Do Universal instead. Especially if you stay at one of the 3 hotels that includes Express Passes. No planning, minimal lines, just fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Do Universal instead. Especially if you stay at one of the 3 hotels that includes Express Passes. No planning, minimal lines, just fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I will look into this!
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    I will report back in a few weeks, but so far, so good. I have emailed a few times, had a short phone convo, and she is handling everything else. The kids looked at universal online and decided to stay with Disney. It was going to cost us almost $800 for just one day at universal. This might be the best money ever spent. She has recommended what tickets to purchase and will have a full itinerary including fast passes within a week. We have no clue what any of the rides are, so I a relying on her expertise. The kids requested big rides, good food, and no princesses.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I will report back in a few weeks, but so far, so good. I have emailed a few times, had a short phone convo, and she is handling everything else. The kids looked at universal online and decided to stay with Disney. It was going to cost us almost $800 for just one day at universal. This might be the best money ever spent. She has recommended what tickets to purchase and will have a full itinerary including fast passes within a week. We have no clue what any of the rides are, so I a relying on her expertise. The kids requested big rides, good food, and no princesses.
    Cool! Please let me know what service you used and the cost. I would love to do a trip in the future but it is soo intimidating and it is still one of the trips I think my kids would really enjoy besides going to Hawaii (which my mom hinted might be a good trip when Dd1 graduates from high school), but not this year....maybe next or the year after.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast