Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank for all of the suggestions! We are staying at the hotel on campus at UNC. I have no doubt that my "three boys" (DH included) will love the festivities around the game. WE don't have a whole lot of time, so focusing on college type activities that will give my DS a feel for the campus life and students at each place.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2shop View Post
    Thank for all of the suggestions! We are staying at the hotel on campus at UNC. I have no doubt that my "three boys" (DH included) will love the festivities around the game. WE don't have a whole lot of time, so focusing on college type activities that will give my DS a feel for the campus life and students at each place.
    Great location that will let you walk to the student-oriented heart of downtown as well as most of the UNC campus! Lots of options for buying UNC gear and similar souvenirs. If you’re staying at the Carolina Inn the whole time but also have a campus tour at Duke, be sure to get clear info about where you need to go at Duke and (very important!) where to park. Duke is more spread out — there’s both an East Campus and a West Campus and they are some distance apart.

As you can imagine, parking at or near both UNC and Duke is at a premium, so if you can leave your car at the Carolina Inn much of the time, that will be a big help. By the way, to get from one side of campus to the other, you can hop on a bus. There are 2 campus shuttles (going clockwise and counterclockwise) that run often. (See link below for the printable campus shuttle route and schedule brochure:
    https://www.townofchapelhill.org/hom...ument?id=43536 ) All the Chapel Hill Transit routes, both on campus and throughout town, are fare-free!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Default North Carolina Suggestions? College Tours & Asheville

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2shop View Post
    Ha, we are there during the Duke / UNC game and my sons and DH are begging to go, saying it is a bucket list item. Well, seats are $2,500 a pop at minimum, so let's just say that one stays on the bucket list!
    I thought of you just now — the March Duke/UNC game should be extra interesting, because at tonight’s game, Duke won by 2 points in overtime!! UNC was ahead earlier in the game by 13 points, so they were NOT pleased by the outcome.

Last edited by NCGrandma; 02-09-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I thought of you just now — the March Duke/UNC game should be extra interesting, because at tonight’s game, Duke won by 2 points in overtime!! UNC was ahead earlier in the game by 13 points, so they were NOT pleased by the outcome.

No, we were mostly certainly not! I actually sat down and came extremely close to crying. Then I got really mad. There were a whole range of emotions going through this household last night.

Lovin2shop, when you arrive next month, you will see how serious this rivalry is! Lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Lovin2shop, I thought of you yesterday when results of the Duke-UNC basketball game were announced. As carolinacool said, this is definitely a serious rivalry (and this year, UNC hasn’t done well...).

Hope you are having a productive visit if you decided to make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    As carolinacool said, this is definitely a serious rivalry (and this year, UNC hasn’t done well).

This is where I say: “Just wait until next year!”

Lovin2shop, I would love to hear about your trip!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2