Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It might be really cold when you're there, but we loved slide rock state park. It's a beautiful little hike in. The water is freezing cold even in the hottest part of summer, but worth the walk.
    We loved the pink Jeep tour of broken arrow trail. It's fun and beautiful and exciting!
    In Sedona, there is a pretty little shopping village called Tlaquepaque, I got a couple of beautiful jewelry pieces there, and we all loved eating dinner in the patio of Oak Creek Brewery and Grill.
    Also worth a stop in Sedona is Chapel of the Holy Cross. Offers beautiful views of the entire area.

If you're driving by Williams Arizona, I recommend Bearizona!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Baby Bargains mobile app

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Default Updated!! Sedona and Phoenix/Scottsdale?

We had a wonderful trip!

We first spent 3 nights at the Westin Kierland resort in Scottsdale. The pools were heated but weather was a little chilly - didn’t stop the kids from spending hours in the lazy river and hot tub. We were also able to play tennis and then use the free bike rentals every day.

Breakfast/brunch at Snooze Cafe and Matt’s Big Breakfast were both excellent. Super fresh ingredients and unique menu options. We also
    loved Blacos Tacos and Barrio Queen for dinner. Scottsdale felt very upscale and tons of shopping!

We then drove about two hours north to Sedona and stayed at the Hilton (which felt a bit dated and definitely not as nice as the Westin) - but it didn’t really matter because we barely spent any time in the room! We hiked Bell Rock and Cathedral Rock the first afternoon.

Unfortunately we didn’t manage to get reservations at Dahl & Diluca During our stay, but we did eat at butterfly burgers which is Chef Dahl’s new place. I also highly recommend Gerardo’s Italian - looks very unimposing, but food was amazing! We also loved Tacos del Fuego.

It was a holiday weekend, but I was still kind of surprised that a) many restaurants were already full at 6 PM and b) A lot of these restaurants also don’t take reservations! So plan accordingly and make your reservations well in advance wherever you can get them!

Sedona was absolutely gorgeous btw - can’t wait to go back one day!

On our first full day in Sedona, we actually woke up early and drove 2 hours north to the Grand Canyon. Amazing, spent a half-day there, and drove back that evening. We were too exhausted to plan an official sky gazing tour, but we did go up to Sedona Ranch and gaze up from the road. Definitely awe-inspiring (even a little frightening!) for us city folk!

On our final day, we took a pink jeep tour of the broken arrow trail. Pricey, but worth it. do this tour as early in the morning as you can, to avoid the crowds that really start to gather in mid morning and throughout the day. Our tour guide was also an excellent photographer! Re-visited Cathedral Rock and hiked along Red Rock crossing. Kids are 9 and 11, and could easily do all of these hikes.

(Ideally I would have switched the two legs of the trip and relaxed in Scottsdale after Sedona, but this was last minute and hotel availability didn’t quite work out that way)
    Last edited by alootikki; 02-18-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for your update! I visited Sedona over 20 years ago on a girls trip over Labor Day, and had a dream that I might retire there one day. I could not get over the smell of the air and how gorgeous the sky was. It was so peaceful and full of natural beauty. I also stayed in Flagstaff, and couldn't believe how temperate the weather was, and how much fun my friends and I had there.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think you mean drove 2 hours to the Grand Canyon? (Not miles). Sounds like a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I think you mean drove 2 hours to the Grand Canyon? (Not miles). Sounds like a great trip!
    Ha - yes! Fixed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

Awesome. Saved your restaurant recs! We have a very similar plan but Scottsdale at the end. Glad to hear it was great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2