Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Where to stay at WDW?

We will be going to Orlando over our spring break (end of March) and are planning to do 3 days at Disney and 3 days at Universal. It will be me and DH, DS (10) and DD (almost 8). We have stayed on property at Universal, so we are good on that portion of the trip, but we usually stay at the Homewood Suites when we go to Disney because when the kids were younger, a separate sleeping space for them was a must, and we didn’t want to pay $$$ for a suite at Disney. This year we feel like they are old enough to be good in a room with us and want to stay on property at Disney.

Looking for a moderate level resort with convenient transportation to Magic Kingdom. We don’t really care about theming or pools. We are doing two days at Magic Kingdom and one at Hollywood Studios and will be in the parks for the majority of the day. I am hoping to avoid long lines for busses at the end of the night. I was considering Port Orleans FQ until I read the reviews about how thin the walls are and how noisy it is and how slow service is at the food court. Seems like it’s just old. So, hoping to stay somewhere newer but still convenient to MK. Would consider going up to deluxe if that’s what works best. TIA for any suggestions/direction!
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We just enjoyed a room at The Beach Club for a trip to Hollywood Studios. Our room for 5 on Jan 2 was $330 plus tax. It was amazing, and it was great to walk to DHS in the early morning hours since the new Star Wars rides are demanding that guests must be inside the park before it actually opens. Read up on disboards about how Rise of the Resistance is booking up in just minutes...for the whole day. The day we were there, all the seats for the DAY were filled up by 7:03am.

Forgot to say we were able to walk back to our room for a break. At the end of the night we waited for a boat, then enjoyed a Kitchen Sink giant sundae at Beaches and Cream soda shop. So fun!
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 01-23-2020 at 03:03 PM.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We stayed at Coronado Springs last year which is super close to HS. We had a rental car so we drove to parks instead of waiting on the shuttle but a lot of people also use Uber/Lyft (I think they have a deal with Lyft...the Minnie Lyft) so you can come and go as you wish.

And yes look into what you need to do for Star Wars if that's on your wish list. Friends of ours were there a few weeks before Xmas and they had to enter the park at 5am in order to even get a spot in the line to see if they could get on the ride.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Not official Disney but what about Swan or Dolphin? Cheaper than the nearby deluxes and the location is so awesome! Good hotels to boot. I can't pay Disney prices when I can get a better hotel for the money in a great location.

Swan and Dolphin are both booked for our dates.

I will look at the others mentioned.

Not worried about the Star Wars stuff this trip, but thanks for the heads up.

Mostly wanting to stay on property to take advantage of the earlier fast pass window.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

What are the choices of properties in your price range for your dates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    What are the choices of properties in your price range for your dates?

Finally sat down and made a list:
    Yacht Club
    Animal Kingdom Lodge or villas
    Boardwalk Inn
    Port Orleans FQ
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Saratoga springs
    Boulder ridge villas at wilderness lodge
    Old key west resort
    Art of animation

With the gift of magic room special, lots of options in our price range, which is nice, but a bit overwhelming. Probably have been reading too many trip advisor reviews.

Main priority is somewhat easy accessibility to magic kingdom. We are flying for the first time and are trying to avoid renting a car, so we will be relying on park transportation. I would rather not wait an hour for a bus after a long day at MK.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

There are some great deluxe hotels on that list, but only one is convenient to MK and that’s the Wilderness Lodge one. There’s the ferry to and from MK in addition to the bus. And you could monorail or walk to CR if you preferred and the. Hop the ferry from there. Not that that’s a great option but it’s an alternative if the bus lines are crazy.

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think the buses are always hit and miss. We often stay at Saratoga Springs and some times there is a wait, sometimes not. It has always been more positive then negative for us. I vaguely remember you could track the buses in the app when we were there last, but only for pick up at the resort. I could be wrong...

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You could also just use Uber or Lyft vs the buses. Just get dropped off at Contemporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast